Bus Parts For Sale & Swap Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. Please let me know when you swap or sell your parts so I can remove the items from this forum. Thank You to post pictures; Images must be stored somewhere that allows remote loading, or on a Bravenet Photo Center. Is also seems that images stored on Bravehost web space also work. The owner of the forum must also have enabled html in the forum. , you simply use standard html code: you start out with this simbol..... < ..... then...... img src= ..... then your web address for the picture.... then this simbol.... > ...... and your picture should come up example < img src=http://www.britishbusclub.org/52%20JAL%20far%20side.JPG> pictures can be gif or jpg.

Please NOTE this is an  old forum I had on a different site but all seems to be working.

Bus Parts For Sale & Swap Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bristol Lodeka

I would very much like to know where you found the seat cover fabric??? Also,I will be needing window gasket,(white) enough to do the whole bus. Any ideas? BTW anyone looking for an original manual? I saw one on EBAY-UK. Also, if you're rebuilding your wheel cyliders I have an economic alternitve to sending them out for sleaveing.

Re: Bristol Lodeka wheel cylinders

interested in your alternative. I am probably rebuilding master cyl(s) also

Re: Bristol Lodeka

Sorry its' taken so long to reply. We were having trouble with our e-mail and have since changed the address so I don't know how this got to me at all !!! Very weird. As for your wheel cylinders, this will work if the cyl. bore is not too badly pitted or worn. You will have to be the judge. To be honest I didn't think it would work as well as it did since mine were pretty worn out. The problem is this, early British vehicles M.G., Jag. and I assume Bristol used natural rubber for seals and therefore require a mineral oil based brake fluid which (if you can find it at all) is made only by Castrol. Inevidabley, someone brings it over here and dumps DOT3 fluid in and viola' everything starts to leak 'cause the DOT3 stuff dissolves the rubber. Anyway, what I did was to buy rebuilt wheel cylinders from a local parts house that have the same size bore (1.5" or 1.25" I don't recall) and use the piston and the seal in the original cylinder. Hone the old cylinders just enough to clean them up (don't want to make them any bigger if they're already worn out) As for you master cylinders, I don't know because I have not had mine appart as they hav not given any trouble ...yet. I'm thinking the same approach would work if you can find M/C inards with the same dimensions. M/C seals are usually the doughnut style like what Bristol used in the wheel cylinders but like I said I have not had mine appart. Also, if your air valves leak on brake appliaction the seals in there are just generic O-rings and are easily replaced. Good luck, I hope this helps. - MB

Re: Bristol Lodeka

I'm looking for a manual for '58 Bristol Lodekka.
Specifically, brakes and electrical system. Prefer the entire manual if possible.
Pat