Return to Website

Carigara My Hometown Forum

In this forum you can inquire about a friend or a long lost relative. You can also post announcements or any topic of your choice but related to our town. Keep it informative, interactive, useful and fun.

Connect to Carigara Guestbook here  and leave a message to our manga  'KABANWA'.

Carigara My Hometown Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
P47-M. Project Opposed

Kalgaran-ons on Streets; P47-M. Project opposed

This was followed by a report of Alexander Perez and Anne Aniceto about a rally held on Sept. 8 at the town's market opposing the plan of Mayor Anlie Go Apostol to borrow P47 M for the rehabilitation and improvement of the public market. A few days later, youth leaders distributed leaflets about this projected loan, which we are reproducing in Toto:

For more details click HERE. Express your views by replying to this entry.

Re: P47-M. Project Opposed

Mayor, please be REALISTIC!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 12:44 AM EST

This looks like a scam or a money-generating machine to benefit 1 or 2 persons and leave the townsfolk of Carigara miserable. This project is totally RIDICULOUS and completely UNCALLED FOR. The project's intention is not to benefit the townsfolk of Carigara and "Kalgaran-ons" MUST NOT allow this project to happen.

Mayor, be CONSCIENTIOUS.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 2:19 PM EST

I have again and again objected to this P47 million loan, in fact I have my comments written in my column, The Manila Mail(Filipino newspaper in the Washington, DC area) and have them mailed to some concerned Carigara citizens. With that kind of rent, I don't think our small business enterpreneur in Carigara will be able to compete. Based on my experience as Business writer of MagNegosyo Magazine way back when I was in the Philippines such rent and cost will not work out. First, we must consider the population and the demands/needs of these goods. A high rent will only work out if there is so much demand for these goods because then our enterprenuers will be able to sell more hence more income to pay the rent. Simple economic principle. Based on the existing Carigara annual income, we won't be able to pay this loan. Just think of the salary/wages that our fellow Carigaran-ons are receiving every month, do you think they can afford to buy these goods if they increase due to cost of production? There is going to be a unilateral increase of everything - simple economic theory. I have traveled to many places in the Philippines trying to interview small business enterpreneur and promoting their business in MagNegosyo Magazine and how they could be helped by the government through the Countryside Development Funds of the President of the Philippines which was handled by Technology Livelihood Resource Center, so I knew that with this proposal of the Mayor, everything will just be wasted or more so there is a danger of this (a part of it, such as komisyon na ibibigay ng contractor, I think if it is not 15%, it's 20% of the project cost) loan to go into the pockets of the inner circle. Remember that 2007 is election day and many politicians will probably need some funds to buy more votes. I wish I could write more but I'm in a rush so I'll just talk to you someday.

Regards,

Rene R. Calandria

I may be away from my hometown but that doesn't hinder me from keeping abreast with what's happening to my birthplace. I do believe that the proposed plan deserves a lot of scrutiny and reviews from ALL concerned. It is an ambitious project that requires approval from the People of Carigara, afterall, the proponents of this venture are accountable to all Carigaranons. I am neither pro nor against this move. Just wanted proof that this is the best feasible plan of action for progress, and that, after exhaustive deliberations, the majority realize that there are no other better options.

I like that last comment, that's more like it.

naku baka ngayon nakasanla na tayo sa mga sanlaan,sumwer in leyte.

THE BORROWING OF MONEY FROM THE LANDBANK FOR THE THE CONSTRUCTION OF PUBLIC MARKET...

HAY NAKU....

TO ALL CARIGARAN ON:

SURE BA TAYO NA LAHAT NG PERANG YAN (47.M) AY NAGASTOS JAN...
BAKA NAMAN KALAHATI LANG YUN GINAMIT PARA JAN TAS YUNG IBANG PERA KINUPIT NAH,,,,

TAPOS NA BA ANG PUBLIC MARKET NAYAN...

47 M ..EH MAGKANU ANG TUBO NYAN 30 PERCENT EH CNU ANG MAGBABAYAD...

MGA TAGA CARIGARA...

True!!! Ten generations from now someone will put a lien on Carigara.