Return to Website

SIERRA FOX FORUM

SIERRA FOX FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New member looking for a radio tech...

Hello fellow DX's...

I am looking for a radio tech to work on a mobile unit for me. I will be using it as a base. It is a Realistic TRC-450, I have owned many sideband radios...including a Galaxy DX959 that's been tweaked, tuned, and aligned that is currently my mobile...Ranger, 148's, Grants, etc., but the TRC-450 is one of the best sideband unit I've ever used (my opinion of course).

The meter is out and It may have a mic issue as It cuts out if I don't squeeze the mic button down really hard. Other than that...the radio seems to operate great...talking on skip I am able to reach far and distant stations with great mod...but, since it needs to be opened up anyway...might as well give it a check up. Possibly an alignment?

I will of course pay the shipping to and from...want to know who you all trust your radios to...Thanks, _Alan

Re: New member looking for a radio tech...

I've always taken my rigs to local cb shops to get fixed.

Re: New member looking for a radio tech...

No radio tech or shop within 100 miles of me. I live in Forks, (yes, the "vampire" town) washington...closest place would be Truck city in Milton...would still have to send it in via USPS and the shop has mixed reviews...I was looking for someone who is recommended by actual DXer's...