BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Isthmus School

Jonathan - Just had a look at the account of your
September visit and am delighted to tell you that the old school is still there,completely intact although it is now contained in a walled complex!! I found it sometime ago on Google earth and will send you a copy of its location should you wish - keep up the good work - best site on the web - Cheers for now
Roddy

Email: rodwade@chelseachop.fsnet.co.uk

Re: Isthmus School

Hi Roddy, Good to hear from you. Thanks for the compliment. We went around Khormaksar on 2 occasions looking for the school and Don's old home. The school area or where we believe it to be is a maze of buildings and very high walls. From a distance we believe we may have spotted the buildings but couldn't get into the area. This part of Khormaksar is full of diplomatic buildings and security guards. Do you remember the old wooden water towers at the airport? That is where Don lived, we tried to get into the camp but were politely turned away. Everybody is so polite in Aden unlike Chicago. The Google coordinates will be greatly appreciated. Have you seen how much detail you can get when you zoom down. Have you found your house in Ghadir ?
Onto another subject, any thoughts about a reunion next year ? I may be able to persuade my brother Andrew to attend.

Regards

Jonathan W

Email: n606jp@comcast.net, jonathan_wilkins@ne.komori.co.jp

Jonathan
Have just emailed the locations of the 'school' and
some other points of interest,hopefully you will receive it, if not will try again! Evidently 5 Surrey street is still standing, though it is a little worse for wear it seems!
As for another reunion - I'm definately up for it as there were so many people that I didn't get to speak to last time, plus of course the years are marching on!!
Regards
Roddy

Email: rodwade@chelseachop.fsnet.co.uk

Please send me the coordinates for the school. My father was headmaster 1957 - 1960, William Scott.

Email: libby@mega.co.za

Try the following link http://www.bpadenkids.com/isthmus%20school.htm
I added this page to the web site, this is a Google Earth picture of Khormaksar showing the school. The Lat and Lon are N12, 48, 37 and E45,02,08. The school football pitches have been built on. Roddy Wade kindly gave me the location. We believe we found the school in September 2007 but as the area is surrounded by very high walls and security guards it is not easy to see into the grounds. Does anyone remember the school bus trips from Little Aden to the Isthmus. The two check points at Little Aden and the Sheikh Othman roundabouts ?

Jonathan Wilkins

Email: n606jp@comcast.net

Hello Roddy,

Do you remember my brother and I - Glenn and Jennifer Trickey. We all went to Isthmus School together. The one thing which stands out in my mind is the day we told the bus driver to go without the teacher and you and Glenn got excluded for 2 weeks, whilst I managed to wangle my way out of punishment! You were my first true love at eight. Hope to hear from you.

Jenny Fox

Email: jennyfox@ntlworld.com