BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jane Waller

Hi Nancy
Nice to hear from you......I am one of the next generation of teenager who followed on from yourself, Colin, and Adrian Bomford, but alas the 'end of empire' did for nearly all of us. However you must remember Francis (Fanny) Edwards as she was part of your holiday crowd, a lovely girl, mind you I am biased as I was absolutely besotted by her at the tender age of twelve, there are others of course, but like you, our memories are selective for one reason or another.
Adrian and his brother Jonty remain friends to this day and are testiment to just what an impact on our lives was the experience of the 'Little Aden' days.
Keep watching as you never know who will suddenly pop
up out of the blue!!!
Regards
Roddy Wade
PS my dad was Capt Sid Wade of the BP Guard,one of the deep sea fire/salvage tugs that berthed oil tankers at the oil harbour......

Email: rodwade@chelseachop.fsnet.co.uk

Hi Roddy,

I do remember Fanny Edwards and can quite see why you had a crush on her! She was a most attractive girl and very good fun. Dot Waldies sister was called Babs - not Fran as I wrote in my note to Jane -
and they were also amazing characters. I remember some very good parties at their house. It would be nice if some of these people come across the site, as I did, quite by accident. Not long before my father died I happened to read one of his BP magazines and it was the one reporting on the re-union at Jonty Bomfords house. Now I'm hooked!

Nancy

Email: nancy.grant@btinternet.com

Hi Nancy,

If you read this, just to let you know we have moved address, in case you have the old one. Hope your family are all doing well.

Cathy

Email: cathyconcorde@btinternet.com