BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We Found a Valley

Thank you to Hani and Emad for preserving at least some of the BP film "We Found a Valley". I had asked BP London if they still had a copy, some years ago, and was told that they didn't know what I was talking about!!

Many thanks!

John

Email: shute.john@gmail.com

Re: We Found a Valley

Hi John
I am sure that the complete film was sourced by Craig Young and shown at the first reunion back in 2004.....
so another copy is still around. Perhaps it too could be copied giving us all access to it? Over to you Craig.........
Regards
Roddy

Email: rodwade@chelseachop.fsnet.co.uk

I eventually obtained a copy from someone, and showedit to Mum and also to Tommy Scarfe...it seems much fun was had during the film, the locals proved a little difficult at times. In one seen a turbanned arab appears- its actually Tommy sporting an Aden Suntan and dressed in mufti!. He told me the producer wanted good looking Arabs and when they couldnt find any, Tommy appeared dressed up as an arab and the rest is history. Got theimpression nobody told the producer that he was actually a British wag dressed up. Tommy had a great sense of humour and you could never be quite sure whose leg was being pulled.

Email: gordon-clark@blueyonder.co.uk

Dear Gordon, please check your spelling. You used to be quite good at it (you once came joint 1st in a spelling test at LAPA School with Annette Longford. You are fully aware that in thiscontext Scene is spelled "Scene" not seen. Naughty corner 5 minutes.

Email: gordon-clark@blueyonder.co.uk

Gordon & Roddy
I do not remember Craig showing the video at the first reunion. I recall Dermots video of his trip to Aden. If there is a copy and Gordon still has his, I am sure the staff at the refinery would appreciate a copy. I contacted BP London a couple of years ago regarding the film without results.

Jonathan W
PS Gordon havin the power to censar the mezzage bard I am hapy to corect your spellong if and wheen it is rekuired !!

Email: n606jp@comcast.net

thank u all.
i told u about the vidio link not more.

mr. emad a.hakeem edit the video that u saw it.. he wants to but compelet copy in arc website, but the previous general manager (fathi salem ali) didnt allowed that, he said "if it is in the web site, what will view for the guests"!

ARC has compelet copy for this film (Arbabic and English), please if any one have it, upload in this site.

with best regard
hani bassel

Email: stronger20052002@yahoo.com