BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Aden Weather and seasons.

Hi, Kate... Dont know where you are travelling from. I am travelling from New Zealand, and I will go this time, to Dubai on Emirates, then on to Aden with Yemeni Airlines. As far as I can calculate the return fare from Dubai is costing about $800 N.Z. Roughly 300 Pounds U.K. The flight takes about 3 hours.

There are "Posh" hotels in Aden at fancy prices. But... if one stays in The Hilton it is the same in London or Paris. In other words you might as well have stayed at home.

I stay at The Al Amer in Crater. Cost US$25 per night. It has a lift now, and Air Conditioning in the rooms. It is used by Arab business men, and important tribal chiefs. I have seen a Sheikh accompanied by two guys with AK 47s sleeping in the corridor outside his room. And all these guys are so friendly. Sit in the foyer and drink Tea and everyone will talk to you. So you can feast on local culture and learn more about the language. That would not happen in Hiltons and Sheratons.

I believe the Seamans Mission, is it still called that, does good basic accommodation too, and is way up market from the 1960s. I think it might be Seamans Club now.

No doubt Johathan will be able to give you better info. And I am sure you will make the most of it. cheers.. Don

Email: don@snap.net.nz