BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Silent Valley

Dear Jayne
Who couldn't remember Chris' cute little sister.....
mind you as the years ran into the teenage years Chris and I began to look at girls in a different but albeit innocent way.......ahem, will contact you away from the forum if that is okay as I have a miriad of questions for you regarding my one and only true friend......Chris!
Great to have you find us
lots of love
Roddy

Email: rodwade@chelseachop,fsnt.co.uk

Hi Roddy,
Will look forward to hearing from you.
J xx

Email: jayne.bree@ntlworld.com

Hi Roddy,
Got a bombshell for you I was a Gunner/Wireless Operator in the Royal Engineers in Aden and I can tell you without doubt THE RADIO DID "NOT" WORK anytime we went into "Silent Valley" because one of our lads said "F... em its their turn to be told its radio silence" So, sorry but your car radios may have worked but our Army Radio's DID NOT.

Email: peter@cobfields.freeuk.com

I remember driving through Silent Vally in my Dad's Triumph Herald. I was teaching Jackie Young to drive and we drove through a military check point without stopping which only went to prove they don't open fire. On the way back they made sure they stopped us. I remember the barrel of a machine gun resting on the door though the open window pointing directly at me. Meanwhile as the other military guys were inspecting the car, Jackie's foot got tired pressing the clutch (she had left it in gear) and the car kangarooed forward nearly running down one of the guys. I was told to report to the Police Station in Little Aden the following day. The interrogating office was not impressed by my UK driving licence - I didn't have a local one. In fact he went bersrk lecturing me that Aden was no longer a British Colony.

Yes - those were the days.........

Email: cdclarmer@netvigator.com