BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jane Brown's photos

Hi

My name is Pamela Millar (maiden name Stewart). I was born in Aden in 1957 and lived there until the early 70s. I have recently found this site and was interested to see that Jane Brown had a number of photos of my family - my mum and dad, Isobel and Douglas Stewart and also my brothers James (Jimmy) and Alan. I also have a sister Anne. I seem to be called Caroline in the photos for some reason!

I was also interested in the photographs from the jottings as there was a few photos of my family there too. My sister Anne is standing beside Caroline Anderson waiting for a drink at the beach kiosk I think. There is also a photo of my older brother Jim and myself dancing with a girl called Shauna Duff. Does anyone know what happened to the Duffs? They lived next door to us in Marine Drive.

Anyway it was great to see all these old photos of our wonderful childhood. Unfortunately both my mum and dad are no longer with us - my dad having passed away 10 years ago now and my mum 10 years before that.

We have loads of pictures (and cine films) of Aden ourselves. We have converted the cine films to DVD now and really enjoy watching them.

This site was a great idea!

Email: pmillar@qmu.ac.uk