BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kitty Cola

What a blast from the past !!!!!!
I certainly do remember Kitty Cola as it came in bottles with a picture of a smiley cat on them & I always though it was great to get one of those particular bottles, mainly from the shops in Maalla, dont remember seeing them in Little Aden. I remeber seeing those bottles up until we left in the 70's.
Anybody remember the orange drink called Stim???

Email: joannapaylor@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Kitty Cola

Stim - what a coincidence that you should mention Stim orange. About a week ago, out of the blue, I had an email from a young lady who was our office 'Girl Friday' in Aden in the early sixties. She had just discovered my Aden web site. Her Dad was the Stim Factory Engineer and invented Stim Lemon which was our favourite drink. We knew him quite well. BTW, did it really make your head spin like that?

Email: mail@onstuis.co.uk

I used to LOVE Kitty Cola!! Sweeter than Coke or Pepsi, if I remember correctly.

Email: alan.budd@martindales.biz

I like stim . I remeber it but kitty cola no.

Email: WAW200993@YAHOO.COM

Hi Sharon. I do not remember Kitty Kola, but it may have existed when I was there (I was ten). We did become fond of a local bottled soft drink named "Bimpto". About the time all the kids were drinking it, some Bechtel employees went and inspected the bottling company in Aden and reported that they observed mice running around the bottling area even over the tops of empties awaiting filling! Needless to say we were then prohibited from drinking it. I moved on the bottled tonic water and developed quite a taste for it.

Thanks, Ned McNabb.

Email: nmcnabb@hughes.net

OOOH YUK!!!!!!!!
That has made my toes curl! I don't ever remember becoming ill after drinking bottled fizzy pop, of which I used to drink in as large as an amount as my parents would let me, as I was constantly thirsty due to the heat. Especially after the drive from Little Aden to Big aden.
I don't remember Bimpto though.