BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Larmer family and life in Aden

Diana,
It seems the problems of birth records is a common one amongst those of us who were born in Aden. Neither myself or my sister, Kate, are recognised by the GRO. I did write to the British Embassy in Aden some years ago and they sent me a certificate taken from the actual records in Aden ... in Arabic! There is an image of it on the site:

(Click for a bigger one)

We do have small "Extracts" in English, but that is all. There is some more info in this thread with some suggestions by Mark Izzard about how he an Eddie managed to get themselves registered. Hope this helps.

Re: The Larmer family and life in Aden

It is good that at last We found a web BPADENKIDS . I am from ADEN Shiekh Othman . I am surprised why you dont have certificate of birthday not only you We saw others who were born in aden talking about the same thing in this WEB.. I s the problem that orignals lost on not issued from the begining. The certicate you obtained through British embassy is OK .I feel I am happy by finding this web which taking about Aden and UK born in aden are coomunicating with each others rewind the history back and talking about childhood ,really We highly respect all UK nationality specially who worked or borned in ADEN.

Email: WAW200993@YAHOO.COM