BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Doing research on the old Aden postcards

A very interesting set of postcards Jonathan and many thanks to Philip Johnson for allowing us to view them.

Email: mail@onstuis.co.uk

u have good luck abdulla Philip Johnsos sent many postcards to the site, and mr jonthan put it in the news page today 22 mar.

mr jonathan forego me, and told u about that

thanks for mr. jonthan

Email: stronger20052002@yahoo.com

Dear all,

I could not find appropriate words to express my gratitude to Mr. Jonathan Wilkins who is like a star in a world could be filled with darkness. My thanks also go to Mr. Hani whose initiative attempts encourage me to proceed in a topic I was about to stop thinking about. I am really indebt to both of you Gentlemen. The other problems I found is that I would like to tackle the issue of British Studios in Aden in my theoretical part, however, I could not find any reference to this except in a book called Aden: port mythique du Yémen‎ by José-Marie Bel. Unfortunately, half of this book is not available in Google book search. In fact, I did efforts to contact people in Yemen but the problem is that they did not find the book. Therefore, my requests reside in the following points.
•Is there any sites through which I could download this important book
•If any one know anything concerning the British Studios in Aden, plz do not hesitate to tell me whatever you know.
•Is there any other postcards that display native women in Aden.

Regards to all,
Abdullah qahtan

Email: abdullah_qahtan@hotmail.com

mr. abdulla qahtan
thank u for ur words about me, i must to thak more that this sentece but i dont speak english very well, however what about azeez bookshoop that i told u about it, did u send any one to it.

where are u sataying now, the book that u lookfor is not arabic is and i am sure is not english book too, so thats difficult task, but not more, in khormakser, there, french and germany office (culture office) it has goog library, it has general books and books about yemen, lookfor there, but u must pay annual price, ok also in sanaa, famouse french institue for yemeni research and they have library, they have website and u can look for about the labels in it.

also in the nationality library in aden we have some non arabic books, maybe in it...

what's the language of the book?

i am research too, so i know ur feeling.

may god help
with my regards

hani bassel

Email: stronger20052002@yahoo.com

Dear Hani bassel,
Thank you so much for your cooperation. In fact, the book, Aden: port mythique du Yémen‎ is written in both English and French. Of course,José-Marie Bel is a French author. i need the book because it talks about the British Studios in Aden at that time. Concerning my resident, iam in Moroccoo. i have been involved within Culture Studies Programme.Therefore, i am a little bit far from Yemen. Indeed, you enlighten me with this webesite, i ll try to search for it instantly, thanks for that.
Regards
Abdullah qahtan

Email: abdullah_qahtan@hotmail.com

HI Abdullah , Thanks for the kind words. All I do is post the images and articles I receive. Without the contributions of Hani Bassell and many others this site would not exist to keep our memories alive.

Best wishes

Jonathan Wilkins

Email: n606jp@comcast.net

Abdullah Qahtan
Dear Hani bassel,
Thank you so much for your cooperation. In fact, the book, Aden: port mythique du Yémen‎ is written in both English and French. Of course,José-Marie Bel is a French author. i need the book because it talks about the British Studios in Aden at that time. Concerning my resident, iam in Moroccoo. i have been involved within Culture Studies Programme.Therefore, i am a little bit far from Yemen. Indeed, you enlighten me with this webesite, i ll try to search for it instantly, thanks for that.
Regards
Abdullah qahtan

If you search online the book comes up for sale in a number of places. Simply run a search for 'Jose-Marie Bel". for example, there are 2 copies on amazon.com starting at $106.

Regards, Peter www.adenairways.com

Email: admin@adenairways.com

Abdullah Qahtan
Dear all,

I could not find appropriate words to express my gratitude to Mr. Jonathan Wilkins who is like a star in a world could be filled with darkness. My thanks also go to Mr. Hani whose initiative attempts encourage me to proceed in a topic I was about to stop thinking about. I am really indebt to both of you Gentlemen. The other problems I found is that I would like to tackle the issue of British Studios in Aden in my theoretical part, however, I could not find any reference to this except in a book called Aden: port mythique du Yémen‎ by José-Marie Bel. Unfortunately, half of this book is not available in Google book search. In fact, I did efforts to contact people in Yemen but the problem is that they did not find the book. Therefore, my requests reside in the following points.
•Is there any sites through which I could download this important book
•If any one know anything concerning the British Studios in Aden, plz do not hesitate to tell me whatever you know.
•Is there any other postcards that display native women in Aden.

Regards to all,
Abdullah qahtan

Yes Abdullah, there are quite a number of Aden ethnic postcards the photos for which were shot in studio. Many are of women. I have a rather large postcard collection and do have a number of ethnic cards but my problem might be the time constraints to arrange scanning as I can't find enough hours in the day to get through my already heavy workload. It might take me a bit of time.

These types of cards are regularly coming up for sale on eBay.

You could also look at the site www.delcampe.com which has thousands of cards for sale but the images are usually of a very high quality and excellent for downloading (for free).

Regards, Peter www.adenairways.com

Email: admin@adenairways.com

Oh, really, thank you so much Peter. You made me feel happy. I really in need for these postcards. i want to collect quite numbers of ethnic postcards that deal with Aden. concerning the sites, you generouly guided me , i already visited that sites especially www.delcampe.com and eBay.I would be so grateful to you Peter , if you can find a way to send me these postcards. I am waiting for your faviourable reply. sorry for disturbing you , i know you are busy, but i have no way.
Regards,
Abdullah Qahtan