BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hótel de l'Europe, I. Benghiat Son, Aden

HI,EVERYONE,
can you please help me with any information concerning the following?

1-Egyptian Cigarettes Factory, M. S. Lehem &Co. Aden.
2-Hótel de l'Europe, I. Benghiat Son, Aden
3-Pallonjee, Dinshaw & Co., Aden
4-General Merchant S. M. Lehem, Aden
Please, if you have any information, let me know.

Regards to all

Email: abdullah_qahtan@hotmail.com

Re: Hótel de l'Europe, I. Benghiat Son, Aden

abdulla , i wish i could help u.

u have difficult question< at least difficult for me, i hope u find the answers.

with my best wishes

Email: stronger20052002@yahoo.com

Abdullah to answer some of your questions.

The Hotel de L Europe was situated on the Crescent in Steamer point (Tawahi). I believe this hotel closed down in the 1950's the building was extensively damaged in the 60's by a bomb.
Pallonjee Dinshaws was a General Merchants store run by an Indian family. Their stores were located in the Crescent, Steamer Point and the Esplanade in Crater. They were agents for anumber of British products including White Horse whisky, Roses Lime juice, Cow and Gate powdered milk.
I am looking for information concerning M.S. Lehman

Regards

Jonathan W

Email: n606jp@comcast.net

Hi Mr Jonathan,
Thanks for your contribution. I am really proud of you. The information you provided me with is valuable. It really helps me and what is more is that I found in this interesting site information that enriches my understanding about these particular issues:
1-Hótel de l'Europe, I. Benghiat Son, Aden
2-Pallonjee, Dinshaw & Co., Aden
However, I am still waiting for your answers about the second part of the question. Besides, I wonder if there are any references like books, articles or magazines that talked about the production of Aden photographs. Another enigmatic question I am really obsessed with is that most of Aden postcards carried Hótel de l'Europe, Turkish Shop. What is the relationship between the postcards and Hótel de l'Europe, Turkish Shop? Was it used as a studio? I do not know!!!!
Regards
Abdullah qahtan

Email: abdullah_qahtan@hotmail.com

Dear, sir,

I read you questions about post card/hotel europe/Aden.
I have many cards around 1908 about this subjec, with indian stamps in the front (travelled)
I. Benghiat (indian origine)was the owner of turkish shop situated inside the hotel de l'europe.
I am very curious about this matter.
Berst regards
Gino Marioli

Email: margino@libero.it