BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gliding in Aden- Des Conroy British Petroleum

Les,

I enjoyed viewing your photographs. They brought back memories of the times my wife and I flew my aircraft from the same old airfield. They were somewhat smaller and safer than yours and can be seen at: -

http://www.onstuis.co.uk/activities.html

Fortunately we didn't come across the mine!

It was suggested that I join a gliding club during our time in Aden but my wife wasn't too keen on the prospect having seen how many planes I managed to crash at the airfield.

Email: mail@onstuis.co.uk

Re: Gliding in Aden- Des Conroy British Petroleum

Hi David

I recollect the aeromodellers flying at SO and enjoyed watching them. I dont know what operational arrangements we had. I was too junior to deal with such things.

One day an RC Model piled in vertically hard nose down. I thought very sad. I was in our launch tow car at the time. Sometime later perhap just a few minutes, a chap from the model club came over and gave me hell; somthing about our RT jamming his radio. I told him we did'nt use radio. Off he went End of story. Got it off his chest. I know how he felt though.

All the best

Les

Email: lessimpson24@blueyonder.co.uk