BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here I am...

And particular greetings to whoever was looking for me! I was idly web-searching for photos of Aden to show my family when I came across this website, which came as a nice surprise - and even more surprising was that I was on the "Looking for..." list! I haven't had time since to really browse this site, though I can see there are lots of great photos - and when I have a moment I will sort through the pile of unsorted photos I inherited afrom my parents - I'm sure there will be some Aden ones amongst them.

My father, Harry Chisholm, accountant and keen golfer, worked for BP in Little Aden for 4 or 5 years between about 1958 and 1962. My sister and I were summer holiday visitors - 3 or 4 times, I think - until '62, the summer that I and one or 2 of the other teenagers there got our O level results (there weren't very many of us - I really only recall a couple of teenage boys!). After that summer my father was transferred to Abadan and we had to make a whole new set of friends.

Though Aden was an interesting place, probably much more interesting than a naive teenager could appreciate, I never really wanted that unsettled expatriate life for myself or my children. (Most of the boarding school friends I occasionally see feel the same about boarding school.) Apart from a couple of years in Benghazi when our children were very little, I've spent most of my life in or around Kingston upon Thames which feels like home to me.

Email: marilyn.mason@virgin.net

Re: Here I am...

Welcom Marilyn

nice to meet you..

Email: stronger20052002@yahoo.com