BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's on your passport?

Back in 1980 when I applied for an Aussie passport, I received a phone call from the passport office asking what I wanted listed as "Place of Birth". On their advice I opted for "Little Aden" as they suggested that its "obscurity" might pose less of a problem than "Yemen" or any permutation containing "Arabia" for entry into some countries, in particular Israel which I had suggested I might want to visit "one day". My British passport just lists "Aden", again with no actual country specified.

So, I was wondering what others of you had on your passports and whether, particularly in recent years, this had caused you any issues at various border controls around the planet.

Re: What's on your passport?

I'm lucky - my passport shows Abadan as Place of Birth and noone has questioned it until I stopped off in Dubai recently! And even then it was just polite interest about this white guy being born "just up the Gulf". I think that most Immigration Officers must just think that it's a spelling mistake and should be Aderdeen!! If they think about it at all.

Email: shute.john@gmail.com