BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is there a - BP-Aden Kids Facebook page?

Hi David and Jonathan
Don,t get me wrong I don,t want to see people migrating from our wonderful site, just thought it might encourage people to become more involved in what is dear to our hearts.
As for Silent valley...indeed you could hear a pin drop in there even with a sandstorm raging...nothing, not a bird, a cricket....zilch!! Hence Silent valley!! As for radios, as I have said before the RMPs from Falaise were rather annoyed on a number of occasions when a mere Senior Aircraftsman (allbieit a cockey 19 year)from RAF Khormaksar was stopped for speeding, and they were all for confiscating my car, until they were informed that 'they would have a job on as the car belonged to my dad who was a BP emloyeee, as you can imagine this went down like a lead balloon and feverish radio traffic ensued, especially as I had been stopped not long before, at night, with their report being written up in my headlights, yes youv'e guessed it......what did Wadey do, but switch his headlights off. After much huffing and puffing and orders to switch my lights back on I politely refused and suggest they use a torch...........hilarious at the time and something that you don't forget!!!!
Got away with that one, but only just.
Don't care who you are, but believe me, RMP radios worked in Silent Valley
Oh happy days!!!!
Cheers Roddy

Email: wade@sky.com

Hi I was in Adeon 1974 til 1977,

Email: janebroom2..brtinternet.com

I opened a Facebook account to communicate with kids I grew up with after we left Aden. We were based in Beirut/Saudi Arabia with American Oil Companies)
Having "friended" a dozen people who I knew well, facebook now constantly sends me emails asking "do I know" all sorts of people who they have down as friends of my friends. Hundreds of them if not thousands. Its a total privacy breach, as presumably they are also sending my details out to all these people who I dont know asking them if they know me. Also they are sending out details of my friends to friends of other friends.
If I "friend" Aden kids on facebook, presumably they would then be bombarded with "do you know" messages about friends of my American friends and vice versa.

Facebook is OK for some but my loyaly will always be to Jonathan's BPADENKIDS site

(JW - Thats a tenner you owe me ha ha)

Email: gordonclark132@gmail.com

Hi Roddy I joined the Facebook page but there was no activity. I remember Peter Mackley very well.
Do you by any chance have contact information for Marie Stevens. Her email address must have changed.
Patricia nee Craigie

Email: patriciamiller5@hotmail.com