BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Victoria in Steamer Point

I was in Aden in 1957/8 while in the RAF. There was one big statue which I have a picture of ''Queen Victoria'' in Steamer Point where the ships used to dock and was wondering if that Statue is still there or was it taken down after the British left.
If anyone has been there in recent years I was wondering if they had seen it.
Just curious.
Family still have a lot of the presents I sent home form Aden and are in everyday use.

Regards
Noel

Email: N.sherlock@sky.com

Re: Victoria in Steamer Point

The statue is still in the Crescent's Victoria Gardens. The statue was moved after Independence to the British embassy in Khormaksar. I believe it was returned to the Crescent approximately 10 years ago. You can see the statue on Google earth.
Regards

Jonathan Wilkins

STATUE WAS REMOVED IN THE LATE SI8XTIES OR EARLY SEVENTIES WHILE WE WERE THERE AND REPORTEDLY MOVED TO THE GROUNDS OF THE BRITISH EMBASSY - HOWEVER, CAN'T CONFIRM THIS.

Yip Statue there last year. The whole gardens been remodelled. Toilet block in middle repositioned to one end. And a kids playground there. Gardens very well kept.

Email: don@snap.net.nz