BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: www.onstuis.co.uk

Hi David
The aircraft getting its feet wet was an Argosy from 105 Sqn based at Khormaksar. Flying a training sortie on 23/3/64, XP413, was unceremoniously dumped in the oggin by a rookie pilot!! As the aircraft was only 18 months old it was stripped down and shipped back to the UK where it was repaired and put back into RAF service.

Having given the tragic loss of the Hunter some more thought, I have delved deeper into the incident and can confirm that the aircraft, XE607, was from 8 Sqn of the Khormaksar Hunter Wing, the date of the crash was 30 Mar 1962.

Didn't realise you were Merchant Navy (the real navy that is) my late dad was the master of the deep sea fire salvage Tug, BP Guard, operating out of the oil harbour in Little Aden from 1958 to 1967.

Time for a 'wet' methinks

Cheers
Roddy

Email: wade@sky.com

Thanks for that info Roddy.

As a consequence of this new information and some more 'hunting' by yours truly I have now revised the intro on my Khormaksar page.

Who knows, I may well have seen your Father's vessel whilst workig on tankers at LA.

More on my MN association is on my web site www.oldmarconiman.co.uk.

Regards,

David

Email: mail@onstuis.co.uk

p.s. workig is clearly the new slang for working!
Put it down to one of those "Senior Moments". I seem to be having a few lately.

I have suggested to my wife that her little Suzuki would look great with an orange front end and an orange band around the back. Fortunately she hadn't a clue of what I was on about.

Email: mail@onstuis.co.uk