BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yemen getting some peace at last??

Hi John
From what my friends in Aden tell me, this is not the resolution they wanted. This leaves Saleh, his family and his cronies free to take off without any fear of prosecution for the attrocities they committed trying to crush the populist movement. The younger generation is still protesting and want Saleh to stand trial. Time will tell .

Regards

Jonathan Wilkins

Email: n606jp@comcast.net

Re: Yemen getting some peace at last??

I've been following the situation in Yemen for a while now on Twitter and it's pretty clear that the GCC agreement has done little if anything to quell the violence over there. Saleh has signed the agreement, that's true, but as for relinquishing power, he's done little more than pass control to his son who is in charge of the military forces. Consequently much of the violence continues.
The people are, rightly in my opinion, calling for the amnesty to be ignored and it seems they may have support from the UN as their advisor has indicated that any suggestion of an amnesty may be a breach of international law.

AlJazeera provide reasonably good coverage of current development. Their live blog is particularly good