BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Growing up

Hi all
Seeing as I instigated the subject, I thought it was time to put my twoopennith worth in!! Seeing as life to date memories have transpired I will do the same albeit in a condensed form.
Born in Worcester in 1946, I spent a fantastic early childhood on the Gower coast as Dad was Mooring Master at the oil terminal akin to the BP refinery at LLandarcy. Moved on to Iran in 1956 to a godforsaken creek called Bandar Mashur which was east of Abadan, its only saving grace was that it had an olympic sized swimmimg pool just over the road to us, where incidentely I was taught to swim by the southern Irish schoolboy champion, Paddy Eccles, an engineer on the tugs.
Then it happened.....1958 and Little Aden, oh joy of joy, what more could a young boy want? Dad was the senior master and captain of the tug, The BP Guard, and the curries on board on a Sunday were to die for!! I went to the Isthmus school at Khormaksar then after a short time at boarding school went on to join the Royal Air Force at the tender age of 15. Returning to Aden in 1964 as an airman at RAF Khormaksar I had a great life living out at home, working, being a nineteen year old and getting scared out of my pants on many an occassion! Retiring after some 30 years service I joined Bombardier Aerospace as the Aircraft Engineering and Fuels Manager supporting the USAF at RAF Fairford. During this time I fought the first gulf war supporting B52 bomber missions, the only conflict where I didn't get shot at and went home for tea and medals every evening, very refreshing to say the least!!!!
Now sadly a widower I am domiciled in Swindon, have two children and four grandchildren, retired, but very very proud and grateful of being a BP Adenkid.

Email: wade@sky.com

Hi Roddy et al.,

What a lot of of interesting stories! Here's mine: I was born in Surrey where I lived until I was seven years old. Then my father (in the Ministry of Defence) was posted to Cyprus, so we spent the next three years there, enjoying the beautiful island but sadly having to cope with the EOKA troubles too. Then it was back to England until my father was posted to Aden in 1964. I remained behind at boarding school but visited Aden for every holiday. Unfortunately the unrest obviously affected daily life considerably. One learned to face up to the sad events but also to try to live as normal a life as possible. I enjoyed tennis, sailing and just browsing around the Crescent and sometimes farther afield. I remember the beach at Tarshyne, the Gold Mohur Club, the Crescent and Rock Hotels, and wonderful shops such as Wong & Sons and Bhicajee Cowasjee. The opportunities for travel were one of the highlights - we spent our first summer in Kenya and Tanzania, enjoying Nairobi and the safari lodges, and our second in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, with a stop in the Maldives in both directions. I made a lot of good friends there (and it was marvellous discovering this site and having the chance to reminisce!) I had three months in Aden after leaving school before we travelled back to England on the SS Oronsay in 1966. I began my university studies in English in London in 1967, going on to complete two postgraduate degrees at Leicester University. I then worked in Iran (but sadly had to leave owing to the revolution), the UAE, Cyprus, Oman and finally Kuwait, where I am now, teaching literature and writing in universities. I still sail a lot, sing in a choir and enjoy climbing - I've been on some great expeditions in various parts of the world. I have often thought about going back to visit Aden but the time was never quite right. I still have very fond memories of it - and look forward to hearing more people's stories!

Email: rjbuckton@yahoo.co.uk

pub20 is defining very good points about business growing up tips. Every businessman follows these type tips. They growing up points good for essay helper, big businessmen and etc. So I think we should try to follow and use this

Email: gustavowoltmann123@gmail.com

Players are rewarded with a bounty of NFTs and NSOL tokens for winning battles The game also has tournaments that allow players to earn cash rewards for more detail go to the provided link biology research questions examples this link is all about biology research topic this link is the best online help blog on essays and best academic papers where we ensure that your work will be original and unique.

Email: fsiev072@gmail.com

I thoroughly enjoyed your article. It highlighted how individuals openly share their perspectives. When it comes to finding cheapest roofers near me, Roofing in Bell County TX goes the extra mile to deliver top-notch roofing solutions. Bell County Roofing takes immense pride in providing its customers with transparent and ethical service, emphasizing the significance of integrity in today's business world.

Email: rebecclittle76@yahoo.com