BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone visited Aden recently?

Hi, Khalil...... the unrest you talk of is presumably recent? I have had one very short mail from a friend, Marcel, in Aden, recently. He never says much so I dont know how safe it is there now?

He did mention that his wife had been killed in a car accident. But no details.

I wont be going next year, but, age and everything else permitting, maybe in some future time.

Don

Email: don@snap.net.nz

Nothing positive yet. Infact any news I get on line from Aden and South Yemen States is BAD.

In my imagination I stand in the Playfair Tank at Tawilah and wonder if I will ever return.....

Hopeful.

Email: don@snap.net.nz

Don.......

Maybe before we are too old to enjoy it we will be able to revisit the place. You and I are the lucky ones we saw it before the problems started. Best wishes

Jonathan Wilkins

I always thought we were amongst the last to leave and it is very interesting to see how many were still there some years after. We left about 1962 when, as I have said several times over the years, people were still throwing rocks and not grenades!

We were posted with BP to Milan and I remember a terrible summer when it seemed that each time we opened the paper, something sent out from England,one of our friends had been killed. We contacted some friends left behind in Little Aden and asked how on earth they were managing. They replied that they were still having barbecues on the beach and enjoying life!

Don't know how long that went on for but it was and remains, a salutory lesson in not believing everything you see in the papers!

I went back to Milan in 1992 and was disappointed in the developments. I don't see myself dropping in on Aden as I have such good memories of my life there and don't want to ruin them. Selfish perhaps but the news from there does not give me confidence at all.

I'm having fun at the moment dealing with Arabs from the Gulf States who are rather surprised when I give them the Salaam Aleikum. I think I went to kindergarden in Littyle Aden and learnt Arabic! (Jonathan, this needs a Spell cjheck!)

Best regards,

John

Email: shute.john@gmail.com