BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aden Visa

Hi, I have just heard from my friend in Crater. And he reckons all is quiet there and quite a lot of tourists. So, I am thinking of a visit on way back from UK next July. Has anyone had a Visa recently? Are they easy to get? Last one I had was about 3 years ago issued in Melbourne Australia. cheers.. Don

Email: don@snap.net.nz

Re: Aden Visa

Hi Don,
I would also like to visit Aden but have been advised by local friends to stay away . I wonder which country the tourists are coming from and by what means I.e plane or boat. Regards Jonathan W

I dont know, Johnathan, Marcel says he sees them mainly in Crater. And he reckons it is safe for foreigners. I must admit that the 3 times I have been back since the 1960s I have not seen one tourist. The more I think of the logistics like getting golf clubs and bag from here, Dubai and on to Aden, then Glasgow, the less inclined. Despite the fact that Marcel thinks it safe...... It only takes one lunatic to take you out.

Don

I have recently spoke to family members in Aden, was informed
that Aden, not safe to visit. I was also told stay away. Untill things get better I don't think good idea to visit.

When comes to get visa, you can go Yemeni consulate or embassy in home country, I am sure will be able to advise regarding
the visa issue - when things get better.

Regards

A Madar

Thanks, Madar.... I was pretty apprehensive. With all the Beheadings and the Isis Syria stuff with reported links in Yemen. Reluctantly, very reluctantly I will wait. cheers.. Don

I've been following the Yemen situation fairly closely on Twitter and no, I'd definitely not consider going at the moment.
There's been a recent change of government in Sanaa with subsequent unrest, although that does seem to be improving, slightly.
In Aden, since October 14th there have been demonstrations in support of re-separation. October 14th is, of course, a significant date in the south because it is the anniversary of their independence from Britain and that is why they picked that date to start the Southern separation push this time. Up until today it had all been very peaceful, but sadly Twitter is currently reporting the death of a five year old child in Dhalie caused by "indiscriminate gunfire from Yemeni soldiers toward market". Whether this was an attempt to break up protests or just a sad accident hasn't been made clear yet, but what is pretty clear is that nowhere in Yemen is really safe for anyone at this time.

Email: steve@terrapania.com