BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Aden today

Much news coming through on Twitter.

In a nutshell, up to this point, as I understand it:

Saleh backed by Iran (with money from the US to help keep AlQaida in check, but mostly used for his own purposes) deposed last year but not wanting to give up.

New President Hadi a moderate and seemed welcomed by the people but the Houthis, backed by Saleh (and therefore Iran) wanted him out. He fled to the South.

Saudi don't want the Houthis (or Iran) to control Yemen because it's a serious risk to them, but the old King was reticent about direct action. The new king not so much so Saudi, in conjunction with the GCC (almost everyone other than Iran), are now doing what they can to get rid of the Houthis by air attacks on their bases. Houthis are moving south and have already got control of Khormaksar airport (as far as I know) but are being held back by the airtsrikes and by the now heavily armed South Yemenis who are even more intent on becoming independent again.

It seems that, in truth, Al Qaida were never really a serious force in Yemen. This was more of a propaganda exercise by Saleh to get more money out of the US. So far ISIS don't have a very strong hold there either.

All or none of this may be wrong, and of course it's far more complicated than that, but it's what I have gleaned from somewhat broken testimony on Twitter and a few more or less informative blogs.

This may, or may not, help: What The Hell Is Going On In Yemen

Email: steve@terrapania.com

Actually the news that you've already mentioned are 90% true but we all know that the social networks and social media usually exaggerate things.. yesterday a lot of air attacks by ALHOUTHIS AND THE EX PRESIDENT had demolished KHOURMAKSAR and the number of fatalities big all of them are young innocent boys and families from The neighborhood itself ..I'm so sad cause one of my best friends died when they bombed..
If you want to ask about anything feel free to emil me at any time

Email: haneenmohannad2014 @gmail.com

You should check your in-box in your email from time to time

Email: haneenmohannad2014 @gmail.com