BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interesting posts

I am in complete agreement with everything that you have said, Jonathan, especially with regard to the British government.
There are times when I feel ashamed to be British.

Email: vpbalsdon@btinternet.com

I have heard from a resident on another site that it is ok for people to visit Aden as long as they know someone. Dont understand that. And that there is no Cholera.

Email: don@snap.net.nz

don mackenzie
I have heard from a resident on another site that it is ok for people to visit Aden as long as they know someone. Dont understand that. And that there is no Cholera.

WHO | Cholera count reaches 500 000 in Yemen
www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/cholera-yemen-mark/en/
14 August 2017 | GENEVA - The total number of suspected cholera cases in Yemen this year hit the half a million mark on Sunday, and nearly 2000 people have ... ***

The internet offers multiple sources of information regarding the present epidemic of Cholera in Yemen, so I'm more than a little perplexed by your source of information.

*** My original attempt at pasting a link didn't work, but the above is just one of many sources.

Many thanks for the info. My friends in Aden no longer contact me. I know a couple had war losses but nothing else. Had "friend" requests from a couple of sources there but have had so man SPAM requests on facebook that I am reluctant to accept. Don

Email: don@snap.net.nz

BBC1 News this evening:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjvv5vy4q_WAhXGwBQKHTwtBDwQFghhMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-middle-east-40922963&usg=AFQjCNEnjs90BLvBqsCqDWJyOCQqEqz5ug

Another link that doesn't work!

Still eyes look coldly upon me,
Cold voices whisper and say --
'He is crazed with the spell of far Arabia,
They have stolen his wits away.'

Walter de la Mare

I wrote to the MP representing the Isle of Wight ( my former residence in the UK) asking for his opinion on the situation in Yemen and does he support the supply of arms to the Saudi government which have been used to murder innocent civilians and decimate the country's infrastructure. And is he in agreement with the Saudi's blockading supplies coming into the country. Strangely I have never received a reply. Probably because the fellow is a new MP and is trying to do everything he can to fit in with his party's (Conservative) policies. I have just sent him another email demanding his reply and reminding him he was voted in to serve the people and not his own causes. The local Conservative association replaced one condescending w a n k e r with another!
What a loathsome career politics is!
Jonathan W

PS just discovered this message board censors rude words ! Got to put spaces in between the characters. Need to review my options with this message board provider

Email: n606jp@gmail.com

Jonathan
Sometimes there is only one word or phrase that can describe a person or a situation.
In the instance that you have outlined, the word you used appears to be totally appropriate.
I experienced a similar censorship issue when I innocently used the name of the small fishing village that lies just north of Bureika in a post on this site.
With regards to politicians, head and brick wall come to mind.