BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Aden newspaper search May 1967

Many thanks for the info regarding Bill Figg have been looking for this for many years.

Hi Brian,
Found on my web site in one of the Little Aden Mercury's a picture of Bill Figg. He is shown with a group of refinery staff labelled. Butchers Bakers etc. Must have left the refinery on it's completion and joined the Greek Bakery in Crater.

Have seen that photo of the catering staff during the construction of the refinery.
As you say he must have began at the bakery after the refinery was built.

Hi Vic. I have just realised that you were a mamber of 45 Royal Marine Commando's. you were in the camp opposite to me back in 1966-67. I was the Nco in chatge of the Medical Centre of 1st Regiment Royal Horse Artillery. We lost 8 of our lads during that period, but even after all the deaths, I still have fond memories of Aden and would love to go back just one more time and stand in Silent Valley and pay my respects to my friend John Cain and all of the other lads who are still on duty out there. We buried John in December 1966 and it still feels like yesterday. I turned 76 this year. Best wishes. Anthony.

Email: madmodellerbamford@sky.com

Hi Anthony
Small world, eh?
So we were on opposite sides of the road, then.
As in your case, we lost some good blokes in 45 during that time as well, though I was only there for a bit more than a year (October '66 to the withdrawal in November '67).
One of them, Anthony "Noddy" Dunn, was a lad that I had taken through part of his training.
I should also very much like to go back, and not just to Silent Valley, but up country to Al habilayn, which appears on Google Earth as a large town/city these days, not the airstrip and tents that I knew. However, it's all pipe dreams, I'm afraid.
Good to hear from you.
Stay safe
Vic

Email: vpbalsdon@btinternet.com

Hi again Vic. It certainly is a small world. In dare say that you had a look at the BBC's idea of what life was like out in Aden back in the 60's. What a load of absolute tripe. I cringed every time one of those RMP's sallied off into the desert with just a pistol or Sterling and very little ammo. They were putting their heads in a noose and not really showing any soldiering skills in the blatant way that they went out un-accompanied into the unknown.

Just who were their advisers???? Clowns from Jake Carno's Circus methinks!!

I had a look at the Aden Veterans Association "Roll of Honour" page and I cannot find any mention of any deaths recorded against the RMP's. Is this an omen perhaps.

Ahh well, must take my lady her morning cup of "tea" or else I will be on "B.C's orders".

All the very best Vic, stay healthy.

Anthony.

Email: madmodellerbamford@sky.com

Good morning, Anthony
I haven't bothered to watch any of the "Last Post" series, for reasons stated elsewhere under the thread of that name.
I didn't come across them at all during the year + that I was in Aden, though I heard that they turned up at BP Camp guardroom on one very brief occasion and left with their tails between their legs!
As for them going "up country", the very idea generates hoots of derisive mirth.
Had they done so, I imagine the tribesmen (g*****s) would have been incapable of any sort of aggression due to uncontrollable fits of the giggles.
Whoever it was that came up with the idea of a story about the RMPs in Aden should really have done a bit more research.
I used to pop across the road occasionally to your camp to visit the WVS (I think that the "R" bit came a bit later) lady in her little hut. She would organise flowers to be sent via Interflora for birthdays and anniversaries.
I hope that you and your family are all well.
Stay safe
Vic

Email: vpbalsdon@btinternet.com

It's a good post and you are giving a good explanation about this. But I am interested in dating panamanian women. So I am looking for a good online dating site, By the way, My friend has given me good suggestions about this. But I have need some help from you

Email: gustavowoltmann123@gmail.com

Hello everyone! In writing an essay, it is very important to observe the tone, because the tone reflects the author's attitude to what is written. It is also important to keep track of what kind of collateral you use. The active voice is most commonly used and preferred by writers. It conveys the message clearly and there is no ambiguity in the sentence. On the other hand, the passive voice is less preferred by writers, since the object comes first and the subject comes last, or it can be left out of the sentence. This sentence structure makes it difficult to understand. If you're worried about how to fix passive voice in a letter, relax as the online tool is here to help you. This not only eliminates problems with passive voice, but also helps in a number of other ways. Passive voice editor and all basic features are available for free.
It is not only a free online passive voice test software, but also many other features. You can use it to check grammar and spelling. Check over here .

Email: frenkhilton@yandex.com

On computers, I'm not a wizard. However, if you Google Dhow Newspaper, you'll find a lot of information about it. It was registered as a newspaper with the GPO. By the way, I'm here to tell you about the greatest content copy checker. check this web page to see how you can use it. A copy checker can assist us to find places where we have failed to modify someone else's wording or where we have forgotten to cite a quotation we have utilized.

Email: shannamsalinas619@yahoo.com

I'm not a wizard when it comes to computers. If you Google Dhow Newspaper, however, you'll get a wealth of information. It was registered with the GPO as a newspaper. By the way, I'm here to tell you about the best Active Voice Checker on the market. Check out this useful resource to see how you may put it to good use. Do you want to know how to repair a sentence's passive voice? Using an online tool is the best way to go.

Email: elizabethjphillips356@yahoo.com

copilot search

This post is very impressive. This beneficila information is for knowing to write the aden board that is helpful in write something on aden life. With the help of this article I want know that are you search for the information of buying car with good interest. If yes, i am able to help you because before some time I also buying a car from a online app. This is trustable online app. Just check on https://www.copilotsearch.com/ I hope you will experience good with this online service.

Email: lisarios851@gmail.com