BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Little Aden

Hi all,

I am opening up a dessert & cafe in the up and coming weeks and I shall be naming it Little Aden. The reason behind this is quite simple, the history of coffee around the world has its origins from Aden, together with the fact that Aden had a deep and proud history with Britain.

Although I was born an bred in the UK, my heritage is from Aden, my late father was in the British army for little under 12 years mostly during WW2 fighting for Britain. Like many Brits with Adeni Heritage we are proud of it so for me it was a no-brainer calling it Little Aden.

In my dessert/cafe I was hoping to have a feature wall with lots of little pictures of Little Aden put together. Therefore, could anyone see any objection of me using some of the pictures from this website?

regards,

Fadel

Email: fadel.kassim@gmail.com

Re: Little Aden

Hi Fadel,
No problem with me if you use some of the pictures for your cafe. Where will it be located? I am sure sone of the members of this sute may pay you a visit if it is near where they live.
Best wishes

Jonathan W

Email: N606jp@gmail.com

sounds good. Yip I would be a customer if I was in the district. Can you provide a location? cheers.. Don

Email: don@snap.net.nz

thanks to both of you, the address will be

Little Aden Dessert and Cafe
37 Queensway,
Halesowen, (Birmingham)
West Midlands,
B63 4AB

I'll make a post when I have an opening date, at the moment I've only just come to a mutual agreement with regards to the terms and conditions by signing the lease for the property.

many thanks,
fadel

Email: fadel.kassim@gmail.com

Hi Fadel ‏اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكُم — وَعَلَيْكُمُ اَلسَّلامُ‎
I was unaware of the origins of coffee in Yemen, but after a bit of googling, I found that it was grown in the highlands and exported from Mocha, further up the coast:

"Mocha is famous for being the major marketplace for coffee (Coffea arabica) from the 15th century until the early 18th century. Even after other sources of coffee were found, Mocha beans (also called Sanani or Mocha Sanani beans, meaning from Sana'a) continued to be prized for their distinctive flavor—and remain so even today. The coffee itself did not grow in Mocha, but was transported from places inland to the port in Mocha, where it was shipped abroad."

Good luck with your venture.
I live a bit too far from you to pop in for a cup, though.

Best wishes
Vic

Email: vpbalsdon@btinternet.com

At the moment I am sitting on the built-in graphics https://freebears.com/polk-monitor-series-2 of the coffee lake, but in the future I want to take, when it comes out, the mid-top Nvidia Volta or, if not wait, 1060. Another question is, the distance from me to Monica is 70 cm, does it make sense to take 27 "? And if you still take the IPS, then what monitor advise within 14k 24-27"? Tanker somehow subjectively not really perceive, still want 16: 9

Email: webarmen9@gmail.com

Hi Fadel,

You're welcome to use any of my photos. They're in the gallery under my name (Stephen Turtle).
I look forward to visiting your shop next time I'm in Birmingham. Not too far from me. I'm on a narrowboat near Chester so I might get there by boat one day. :smiley:

Steve Turtle

Email: steve@terrapnia.com

Hi Fadel,

Please feel free to use any of my photos in the gallery (under John Macnab). I live in Scotland, but I may visit Birmingham in April 2020. If I do, I will certainly pay you a visit.

All the very best with your enterprise. John Macnab

Email: johnmacnab3@gmail.com