ibtok.com discussion forum

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge ;
argument an exchange of ignorance

Robert Quillen

ibtok.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The famous question..If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do?

If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do? I would probably take every risk I’ve ever been afraid to take. I’d tell the people that I love, I loved them, even if I didn’t think they’d return that love. I’d go and tell that boy of my dreams how much I liked them, even if I knew they didn’t like me back, hey, who cares about embarrassment? I’d dance with my friends to old boy band songs, and I would tell my sister that I didn’t think she should be a blonde anymore. I would go dye my hair every color..and see which one I ACTUALLY liked best, for those of you who know me..you've probably noticed how many hair colors I've had in..3 years,lol.I’d let it ALL out. I’d ask for forgiveness to those who I’ve consciously done wrong to. I’d tell the person that I’m currently in a 3 year, high school drama, in exactly what I thought of them, and I’d let them do the same towards me. Do you think life would be better if you lived everyday as though it were your last? I definitely believe that this is true! I mean,from what I’ve said above..it sounds like every day would be honest and fun. I’d do what I wanted without a care about embarrassment, and about being hurt.

School Trinity High School

Re: The famous question..If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do?

there is a great ben lee song about this very subject - you should check it out
these are the lyrics from the website . . .

End Of The World

On the last day of the world
On the last day of history
I'm gonna live like I always wanted
I'm gonna live like I really was free
And when it finally happens
When they say it on TV
You can bet your life that I'll be the first one
Dancing in the street

You'll have your scientist expert nuclear physicist
Saying that he can't explain
Maybe it's a meteor nuclear bomb missile launch
A final plague acid rain
Then he'll tell you it's the last day of your life
And you must not leave your home
There'll be millions of people all around the world
Praying to the CNN god alone

But I'm gonna dance And I'm gonna sing
When I hear those words said
I'm gonna smash my favorite guitar
Burn every book I've ever read
Then I'm gonna gather all my friends together
We'll get drunk and we'll get high
And then we'll chain smoke cigarettes
It doesn't matter 'cos we're all gonna die

I'm gonna tear down the main city street
In a stolen police car
Record the world's trashiest song
And make myself a star
Then I'm gonna come back home and sit and think
About every word I've said
Take a photo of myself as a souvenir
'Cos by the end of the day I'll be dead

And then I'll come round to your place
With a flower and a song
I'm gonna rest my tired head in your lap
And cry about all the things I've done wrong
Then I'm gonna look at you just one last time
And smile at the life I chose
Then let one final tear past my eye
Before the world explodes

Re: The famous question..If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do?

I really like those lyrics! Thanks for posting them :)
I really do think that the entire concept of living life as if every day was your last would be ideal. I love that idea,though..at times,it's nearly impossible to HONESTLY and truly live that way.

I definately think that we should live our lives as if today was our last day on earth. We never know what tomorrow will bring. If today was my last day on earth, I know that I would have so much to do such as telling my best friends that I really love them and that I'm sorry for always being crabby, and see all of my family that I take for granted. I would tell that one special guy that I love him and that I have and always will. I would do things that I said, "I can always do that tomorrow." I would go out and make peace with some enemies that I have because of petty reasons. I would probably end up with more enemies because I would tell people my honest opinion of them. When typing all of this out it makes me wonder why we would wait until our last day to do all of this. Isn't that just lying to ourselves? Why can't we just live this way every moment of every day?

If I had to live today as if it were my last, I would probably be pretty depressed; I wouldn't be dancing in the street, because I would know that tomorrow I'll be dead. I know a lot of people talk about how happy and honest they'd be and how much fun they would try to have, but I don't know if that's very realistic. I'm sure I would tell everyone my real feelings, but I wouldn't tell anybody bad things. I would apologize for all my wrongdoings and makeup with my enemies. Then, I would tell my loved ones how much I care about them and how I always will. Finally, I might try to accomplish some things that I've always wanted to do, such as visiting New York, but only if it involved my family and friends. Knowing that I will not see them tomorrow would make every last moment with them count.

all very well and nice . . .
but it wouldn't make for an interesting song would it?

Well, i think this is a very interesting question. First of all i do agree that we should live very single day as if it was the last one. We never know when the end of this life is gonna come. To be honest i believe that every second we think we "exist" is a choice between living this life and going to the next one. I also dont believe there is such a thing as a "last day" in anyone's time. I believe in reencarnation and that the death of this life is just the beggining of another, after all i think that what we have inside just goes to another body, after all you arent just your body or your biological life, we dont really stop existing. I think we have to enjoy this period of time before going to the next one. If i knew that today was my last day i think i would try to enjoy it and be with the people I love, but it isnt necessary to wait for this. My last day can be any day, so its better to just do what you have to do without waiting for your next life to begin...

If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do? I think that if everyone was notified of their last day of living existence, people would instinctively want to "live their lives to the fullest" because they are aware that time and opportunity is running out. I don't know how I'd feel about living my last day or even what I'd do. I wouldn't try to do all the seemingly pleasurable and enjoyable things that I've ever wanted to do throughout my life.. one day just isn't enough. I don't think I'll ever have an answer until I'm actually in the situation. Maybe I'd travel back in time, maybe I'd travel ahead of time to find out if my life would really end the next day. One thing I know for sure is that no one is sure when their time will come so end every day knowing that you've done everything you've wanted to do and say everything you've wanted to say.

School ISK

If i had to live today as if it were my last? well first of all i'd wake up early go for a round of golf with my golf buddies, eat all the food i like and drink whatever i want to drink. I'd probably tell the people things that i've been meaning to say but have been holding in!! Seriously i have no idea... i'll post a new entry when it is really my last day.. haha

School ISK

If today was my last day on earth. I wouldn’t really enjoy it, because I know that I am going to die the next day. The natural thing to do though would be to do all the things that you hadn’t had the chance to do in your life. Since you don’t have the chance to live life to the fullest you basically have to live your last day to the fullest, you do this because you know that you’re going to die. On my last day it would be pretty depressing. Although I would make it count by probably going streaking. I don’t know why. It seems fun. Probably wouldn’t be wise to do if you weren’t going to die. I would also just go crazy and tell people what I really think of them. Not that I really think anything about them that they already don’t know . I like the concept of living life everyday to the fullest as if it were your last, but its not really realistic that I go streaking everyday, is it?

School ISK

If today was my last day on earth, I would first and foremost tell all the people who I love (such as family) how much they mean to me. I would also try the things I had previously refused to try such as eating things I thought were disgusting just to say that I tried!! I then would appreciate my country as I usually go to other countries and constantly wish my country was like that. Lastly, I would deal with any feuds I previously had as well as giving back to my community.

School ISK

If you had to live today as if it were your last, what would you do? Hmm.. thats a difficult question.. how do we even know what we want to do until we've been put in that situation? I think we don't know. Unless we're in that position, it's impossible to know just what you would do. Even in that position, you might not know what to do. I think that if i had to choose, i would spend the day with my family and closest friends, doing all the things I've always wanted to do (like get a tattoo) and all of my favourite things. I would apologise to anyone I had hurt and do all of the things I would ordinarily be too shy or stubborn to do. I would do all sorts of crazy things, which I normally wouldn't have done. Examples... Well, I really can't decide.. There are so many things I haven't yet done. While I'm so indecisive about what exactly I would do, I know for sure that whatever it was, I would have my closest friends and family with me. I know I would want to be with them for my last day.

if i had one more day today i would like to spend it with the people i love and adore. i would wake up supa early 2 watch the sunrise and watch its beautiful rays come to life. i would love 2 spend it either in watamu or the place i ove the most...the bundu...lol!!!! watch all the animals go by and cherish every moment i have left with the special ppl...i would eat good food and drink good drink....i would mend all my old friendships and say all the things unsed.....just enjoy my last day...lol

This sucks, its 10 at night and I just found out I am going to die tomorrow. That’s just unfair. Seriously depressing, I mean what can I do in 2 hours. Lol… I mean really.
Never mind, say I just woke up and it is 6 in the morning and I have 24 hours to live. Well first I would run to my neighbor house (of course having changed out of my pj’s) and steel his merc. I mean it’s tempting. Then I would speed that car like there is no tomorrow accept, I would probably hit one of the many potholes and be forced to slow down. So instead I would use air travel for speed. Ya parachuting but with one of those suits with the little wings those parachutes use to glide. That would be fun. Or I would jump out as the sesame street bird, I mean how often do u see a sesame street bird flying, I would leave in style. Then after the hard day of flying I would defiantly hit the club, u know u have to have your last beer, while listening to some great hiphop. Ya but I would like to do that every day so its kind of depressing to think it’s the last time I could. So scratch all that (except for the Mercedes). I really don’t know what I would do, until I am in that exact situation. Hopefully not soon… otherwise I better start investing in a sesame bird suit.

School International School of Kenya

I'm not so sure of what I'd do in that situation. It's hard to imagine trying to come to terms with the definite fact that you will die tomorrow. I guess I would be content with spending the day with the people closest to me and telling them how much they matter to me. Not to mention the amount of unhealthy food and drinks I would consume.

Thats a really easy one...first of all i wanna pass away knowing that i owe somebody a lot of money (preferably someone from the bank)after that get some blue highlights in my hair, have a big party with all my friends attending. The last thing would be to get a left handed Fender Stratocaster (white with cool graffiti) and play it like a right handed guitar except the strings will be swapped around. The one song i will play will be voodoo chile and just as i get to the part about seeing people in the next world i have a catastrophic heart failure.

School ISK

If this is to be my last day on earth, I would try to meet up with everyone I know, Starting with my family in Korea who i don't meet often. Then i would fly to england and meet my old friends. Then i would go shopping with my friends in Korea and spend the time chatting.