argument an exchange of ignorance

Robert Quillen

ibtok.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ToK Presentation

Hello guys,

My friend and I have decided to do our ToK Presentation on the new plans for the ban on smoking in England.

We'll be talking about freedom of choice, the so-called 'nanny' state, how we know that smoking is bad for us (link here to our IB Bio course where we've studied lungs/smoking etc.), the pressures of society to smoke, advertising/media, what plans there are in other cultures/countries with regards to smoking and also our own bias because we are both white, female, middle class non-smokers.

However, we would like to know your views on the ban? Do you smoke, and do you think the ban should be allowed?

Also any other comments will be appreciated.
Thank you!
Yvonne x.

School Exeter College

Re: ToK Presentation

P.S any tips on the actual presentation?

x

no im not a smoker.. and think the ban wud b a gd thing, i h8 goin out and always stinkin of smoke. also i dont wana end up with lung cancer. and i think its especially important for people who work in pubs and are subject to loads of passive smoking. hope that helps....

I'm not a smoker, and I support the ban on smoking because I don't think that non-smokers should be subjected to passive smoke. People should have the right to choose whether they smoke or not - if not, then they shouldn't be forced to breathe other people's. However smokers shouldn't be 'frozen out', maybe we could provide smoking rooms or something for them? They definitely shouldn't be discriminated against because they smoke, which is a risk if it is banned completely

I smoke, but I always try to take into consideration people around me and try not to smoke around non-smoker where possible. I think a blanket ban would be ok as long as there are areas where smoker are allowed to smoke, like the smoking lounges in Japan. Otherwise it could be seen as an infringement of our freedom to choose.

Hey Guys, I'm doing poll for my presentation if you could post your answers:

1. Do you smoke?

2. Do you support the ban?

3. And why?

Any other comments?

Thanks x.

Hi yvonne,
well i am not a smoker and i do support the ban coz i think it creates an awareness amongst youngsters especially. Also, dnt forget to mention bout what smokers think..as in their point of view.. also, cigarette has been in the society since several decades, can they just be ruled out? coz remember, even alcohol is bad for health and its been acepteed in the society, it even has a place in the society..
cheers
farnaz!!

School Le Bocage

Howard Culbertson

now hear the word of the Lord, type your name in google for doing and say good bye to career at false teacher, run to remmove now or later, but you will satans friend, and perish, saiuth God, ha ha, want to ruin me, I ruint you, many at southern are laughing at you, was it worth it, if you call police, tell them about lying to southern, o yeah, im saved, Holy Ghost baptizm feels like body your perfet size coming in, ha ha ha ha, howard, not saved yet, and now trembling, run to remove ministry dreams mocked, and live in terror, y9ou wont sleep to well for rest of life and perish, there is a vision of Howard Culbertson in lake of fire to waist up, but in this life bible teacher, I Jesus am speaking, my servant typeing, if you dont believe, fellowship of the Father is satying in visions and hearing the voice of God all the time, im putting this letter on net to show that Howard Culbertson is the witch , Southern Nazarene University, watch for it with google cache: Ministry Church and Society – May MiniTerm Ministry Church and Society – May MiniTerm. Future Ministry Dreams Paper. I was riding in the back seat of my parents beat up old brown Honda. The evening ...
home.snu.edu/~hculbert/dreams.pdf - Similar pages

School southern nazarene university