Return to Website

Movers & Shakers Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Movers & Shakers Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Recognition of Advocate Excellence

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you one and all. Too often, the things we do go unnoticed. To perform a kind act for someone in need is an incredibly wonderful thing and can change a person's whole attitude and brighten their day. Especially, if it is done without expectation of anything in return. To volunteer for the commitment of performing multiple acts of kindness on a consistent basis, is to say the least, a feat of greatness. But that is exactly what you do. You not only provide for people's needs, you change lives.

There is an old chinese saying,

TAO TE CHING which means:

"KINDNESS IN WORDS CREATES CONFIDENCE. KINDNESS IN THINKING CREATED PROFOUNDNESS. KINDNESS IN GIVING CREATES LOVE"

It is amazing what we do inspite of our own problems and misgivings. Whether PD is a factor or not in our lives, the actions of your heart attest to the quality of your character.

That is what Movers & Shakers is all about. It is the very reason it was founded, to address the needs of people with PD. BridgeBuilders, is just another extension of that philosophy. In the sometimes hectic day to day business of running a national company, it is easy to forget what is important and complacency creeps in. I pledge as your director, as long as I an able to do this job, to never forget our mission.

THE MISSION OF MOVERS & SHAKERS, INC.

It is the mission of Movers & Shakers,Inc. to always honor our commitment to providing continuous support, education, outreach and encouragement to the Young Onset Parkinson Disease community, promote public awareness and enhance the quality of life of those with this disease through specially designed programs, an extensive network of caregivers, medical providers, elected officials and the generosity of our volunteers, until a cure is found.

To our advocates, for all you've done and all you will do, Thank you. You are modern day saints and shall receive the blessings of God. For it is said,

"THOSE THAT DARE TO VENTURE EXPERIENCE THE GREATEST REWARDS."

I would like to recognize at this time, the following people who have gone above and beyond what can be reasonably expected of an individual to do in the time of need of their fellow man.

KELLIE ELLISON, Alabama

RICK CHURCH, Maryland

JIM BREIGHNER, Maryland

LILA WELLS, Alabama

SARAH JOHNSON, California

MARIAN LICKO, Illinois

These individuals have demonstrated by their own initiative, a high degree of care and outreach, utilizing all available resources in generating the necessary means to meet the specific needs of the Parkinson's Community at home and beyond. They have risen to the challenge and are to be commended for their commitment and selfless actions.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Church Gretchen Garie
Executive Director President

2006 PAN Advocacy Award for Excellence

Gretchen Garie is the recipient of a 2006 PAN Advocacy Award for excellence. Her award was recently presented by Monica Billger at the 12th Annual PAN Forum in Washington, DC

Gretchen Garie, President of Movers & Shakers, was selected by PAN (Parkinsons Action Network) for her outstanding advocacy and excellent service to the parkinson's community.

Congratulations is in order for Gretchen Garie. Keep it up girl, those of us with PD salute you!

Michael J. Church
Exec. Dir. - Movers & Shakers, Inc.

Re: MEMORIAL/RECOGNITION/AWARDS

I could never do the things I do without a wonderful partner by my side. Michael Church encourages, motivates, and inspires me to continue to do all that we can for the PD community. It should also be said, that Michael was recognized as being that integral part of my receiving that award. As it was said, I am the Mover and he the Shaker. This organization, along with everything else we do, is a team effort.
All anyone has to do is read one of his encouragements of the day to get a warm feeling and the strength to fight another day.

Gretchen Garie
President Movers & Shakers