Return to Website

Movers & Shakers Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Movers & Shakers Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
THE END OF WOK 11/2003 to be continued

chronic illnesses are "syndromes".
Do you suffer from your illness or because of it, I think there is a big difference. The difference is wether you take a positive or negative attitude with regards to getting on with your life and the direction that it takes. Does it disable you or do you make it enable you to do things in life you want to do.. We all owe it to each other to take part in any research you able that will lead to better service from our local health care providers and all other service providers.
But as individuals our main concern should be "the wealth of Knowledge" that we all have buried within us, in researching ourselves, finding out what we can and cannot do, what makes us tick, what we want from life, making the best of our abilities and not the worst of our disabilities. We are the ones that know the most about ourselves, so it is up to us to use this knowledge in your journey through life. Its up to the individual wether life is in middle, slow or fast lane relatively speaking. I have always tried to be in as fast a lane as possible, I've done it all my life and d`ont see why PD should make any difference to my out look. I`ve just had to alter my expectations. [more holidays ,days off, shopping,? Playing computer games, helping people and enjoying myself.] Previously?
As you can see in my life since I have had PD, sometimes I let things happen, sometimes I have made them happen . The best results have always occurred when I made things happen, because I had thought about what I was going to do [researched the problem and how to cope] and made decisions based on the truth [reality] of the problems, not drifting along, which usually ends up with one going in a different direction to which you intended or ever wanted!
So if you cannot change it, forget it. If it can be improved try to improve it, so we can all benefit from your "WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE" That is what I try to do now that I am unable to work. So this enables me to help others by my work with YAPP&Rs the Parkinson's Disease Societies special interest support group and PDS , by being invited as a service user to be member of Folk.us Management Steering group to help and facilitate "user" led research for any illness or syndrome for the benefit of the patient and carer in as many ways as possible.
By yappfarmer@aol.com
Email: yappfarmer@aol.com