Return to Website

Movers & Shakers Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Movers & Shakers Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Support

Hi Arnett,

I just found this site today. I hope things haven't been too hard on you since you wrote this email. I don't really know if I can help cause the disease affects people differently. All I can say is that from my experience my life has changed relatively little since I was diagnosed 7 years ago. Now I might be a normal or not normal patient, but when I was diagnosed I like you thought it was the beginning of the end. Try not to read every thing about the disease. It will make you depressed. I have also been on paxil for the last 5 years and it has helped me considerably with the anxiety. If I can be of any help let me know
Marylou

Re: Support

Getting dx with PD was the most stressful and frightening experiences in my life. I broke down crying at my neurologist's office. I told him, "what about all my dreams?" He responded, "Your job is to live you dreams. My job is to get you there." No matter what the dx, be assured there are people out there who care and will support you through your journey. It it is PD, you might be angry, frustrated, scared out of your mind and worried about the future. This is all normal. As a father of two young children I can relate to your life situation. Hope you post again to let us know how you made out. We will be listening.

Ameoba dx 2004