SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dating Web Sites like POF, MATCH, ZOOSK

I met my little narky sociopath on pof.com which I believe I mentioned in my first post. And was wondering how many of you are using dating sites for possible dates/dating you know what I'm saying.

Anyone else find women's profiles always include "I love to travel, I love to dine out, of course they also state they like to dine in. They are looking for a man to be their best friend. Many start out saying they are looking for a honest caring man that knows how to communicate. Let me check pof and paste just one as the perfect example.

here is one not a good one but:

HI I AM A HAPPY PERSON WITH A GREAT SMILE. I LIKE LAUGHING AND HAVING CONVERSATION. LOOKING FOR A MAN WHO WILL BE MY BEST FRIEND AND WANTS TO BE WITH ME ALL THE TIME. I WANT A MAN OF GOD. I LOVE THE CHRISTIAN WALK. I WANT SOMEONE SERIOUS, THAT WANTS A GOOD LIFE OF TRUST, HONESTY, AND LOVE, LOTS OF LOVE.....M I WANT TO LOVE AGAIN.....I LIKE A MAN WHO RIDES A HARLEY....AND BRINGS ME RIDING....MY GOALS ARE TO SETTLE DOWN, LAY BACK AND ENJOY ...... I LIKE ALOT OF ATTENTION, IT MUST BE THE LIBRA IN ME.. I LOVE HARD, SO I WANT THE SAME.. COUNTRY IS THE GREATEST MUSIC, ALSO LIKE CHRISTIAN MUSIC, KEEPS ME THINKING PURE.

How many times I is used omg amazing

This is my profile I did a major edit a few weeks back and guess what guys no messages nothing omg I'm so crushed:

There seems a few ladies would like a more detailed/updated description of who I am well lets just do that.

I've been on POF more off then on for a number of reason's the main one is if I'm with a woman I sure don't need to be listed on a dating site. I have listed I'm separated which is truthful. I know I know honesty the lost art. Not here its not. I am in the process of divorcing a real nice woman who is an extreme narcissist and you'll never guess where we met right here on POF. If you know nothing about NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) And you have read many profiles on POF pay close attention to the hidden agenda's. Ok if you want to know more about the previous topic just ask I am now well versed in this dysfunction and wish to god I wasn't.

I was married to a woman prior to this darling little lady for 31 years I have a son and a daughter and one grandson all wonderful people. I am a good man but that's up to you to determine. I've been in combat I fought for all of you. I'm most proud of my service to this country.

My honest thoughts about dating sites how to put this without ruffling a lot of feathers is: If your a man and you read of which I do I can say this. I'm looking for a honest woman who isn't looking for a sponsor a provider please don't take that wrong I've always done my part and way beyond. I really don't care if this ruffles a few feathers the reason being is some women are looking for a partner not a sponsor. Those ladies will view this as a honest comment and won't be upset one bit by it. Those are the ladies I'd like to know. Also what's amazing not one woman has said thanks for your service not one. What's everyone's opinion on age discrimination? The new changes if there is an age difference of 14 years you can't message anyone. Just curious would love to hear your comments and feelings on that but just make sure there isn't 14 years between us lol

Well that pretty much covers it. I'd be interested in your experience

PEACE

Re: Dating Web Sites like POF, MATCH, ZOOSK

Here is just one more example of what you will find online I suggest its not ever going to be a alternative to meeting the old fashion way I hope I'm right. The funny thing is I'm sure my CB will show up on a dating site much easier to be deceptive and deceiving.......what a package

A copy and paste from a woman on pof.com:

I am a romantic. I still believe in romance. I am a kind, loving, compassionate, and caring person. I love music of all kinds except rap. The same with movies I like a variety . I enjoy good conversation and have a good sense of humor. I have no idea why I am even thinking of being on a dating site. Maybe I still think dreams can come true. I am discovering that love is going to take awhile to find and I am glad I have plenty of patients. Someone on POF said you have to kiss a lot a frogs to find your prince. Never thought of it like that. I guess I need to pucker up..lol. I know that meeting a person does not guaranty a match. People are different that's why it may take several times before the chemistry is right and then maybe the first time you meet you may know that's the one. Either way I will have enjoyed making friends along the way. I have become a widow recently and I am not looking for someone to go to bed with. I am looking for a man that wants a relationship and someone to come home to.

Her last statement about a man that wants to have someone to come home to is exactly what I would expect wowsers the world we live in......

PEACE

Since my PDI affair I dated a woman whose red flags drove me far away after the second date. I personally would never consider to date from a "site". I prefer the old fashioned balls out face to face approach. Any way, after not repeating a third date with her (and she was HOT) I saw her on POF shortly after in my internet wanderings...her handle name on POF was NOTORNICE ...hmmm...very telling.

Many Narcs use dating sites as a constant source of supply, they love them

What a way to present yourself the Narc says...I can write anything I can down about myself, post my pictures, and have my pick of the litter of men / Narcissistic supply and keep going back for more if needed.

I met my ex narc on Zoosk, her key words came out like "Are you interesting enough to keep me interested in you?"

I would do my best to stay away from those sites buddy, there are many narcs on them.

It is pretty much putting yourself on the psycho smorgasboard. There are a few good good ones but is like digging for gold. You have to move layers of overburden to get down to pay dirt.....if there is any. I have gotten pretty good at seperating the wheat fromthe chaff. Familial situations and general tone go a long way. Time is a good separator. If they are around and not hounding you after six months of nomeet they may well be real. I have had 5 tell me they were "damaged"....even got into their therapy. I will chat until they get bored and go away. Does not take long and I learn a lot! Worst case was when I joined a scientific match site after dumping crazy for 3 months and they found my "perfect" match......oh yeah......it was her!

If you can control yourself it can be fun. Remember....."fools rush in".

Pof.. has been awesome for me.. I've met some great ones.. but they weren't for me..

I'm getting laid more than when I was married ;)

That being said.. there are girls on pof that use the site to get Narc supply.. they love having 50 new messages a day...
There are woman on there that are just looking for a free meal and some drinks.. they just take advantage of men..
I have met some full blown Narcs as well

Ya.. there is an age limit now.. that puts the youngest woman I can message at age 23.. I'm ok with that ;)

Yes but the women can text older....talking to one 20 years younger. I see the father stuff but I am glad to chat. Odd place.

MIke@SacTown
Pof.. has been awesome for me.. I've met some great ones.. but they weren't for me..

I'm getting laid more than when I was married ;)

That being said.. there are girls on pof that use the site to get Narc supply.. they love having 50 new messages a day...
There are woman on there that are just looking for a free meal and some drinks.. they just take advantage of men..
I have met some full blown Narcs as well

Ya.. there is an age limit now.. that puts the youngest woman I can message at age 23.. I'm ok with that ;)

You still after that "coffee" Mike? ,

Lol.. like I said.. I'm a drinks and desert kinda guy ;)

after my x left. I used pof myself. but I just used it to get laid with great success. at the time I was the one using them. my way of getting back at my x I guess. but your right all the woman I wrote to also had the, I want to find a partner for life bull s--t. if that's the case why was I getting laid left and right sometimes on the first date. it's amazing what a couple of martini's will do. and yes because of this site I was able to spot the narc's. met plenty of them on pof. I found the best way to deal with them was from behind and move on. if you get my meaning. lol. anyway I did find my woman on pof.it does seem to happen when you least expect it. she's the one I've been with now for almost 3yrs. maybe I was due for some good luck I don't know. but it did work for me the way I needed it to at the time. call me a ho if you want but I believe it's the law of numbers. if you meet enough woman your bound to come across that one that will blow your socks off. she said from our first date that I was the one. of course I didn't believe that at first, but she somehow knew that we were going to be together. and she was correct. were getting ready to celebrate our 3rd anniversary together and I do love her more every day. but in the beginning I never thought in a million yrs. that I'd be in this situation today. the law of numbers guy's.

Grocery store works for me!

Terry,

Lol.. great post!

You got lucky on the first date.. I've had two women follow me in the bathroom at the bar.. It is crazy! POF.. is known for easy women.. Not having sex on the first date is the exception for me.. I've morally analyzed this.. am I a man ***** or a stud? The way I look at sex is more recreational like playing volleyball or going for a swim.. Nothing wrong with that..

I have to admit .. I love the chase.. It is a game for me.. and one that I'm good at.

Now.. I don't lie or mislead any women... I am a man of conscience still.. but I am still a guy and that is ok..

I believe the idea that sex is wrong originated with the belief that if all you have to offer is sex then you are selling yourself short.. and for the women out there.. if sex is your strongest selling point then you are cheap..no offence.. just that I hope you cultivate other qualities in yourself to offer up in a partnership...

And to think.. when I first started dating a couple yrs back.. I was asking my buddies for advice.. but once I found my MOJO.. they now want me to hold classes on dating ;)

I prefer the face to face world too.....although the crazy jacked me out of a bar where the men were afraid of her. Calculated indifference is my way now. The narcissists want you to chase and the bpd will chase and cling.

well just to add, I've always felt better with a steady, even more so since I've gotten older 55. yes the chase was always fun to me but there does come a point when you want to settle down if just a bit. and yes during my quest I was always looking for those certain redeeming quality's. just didn't find it right away. and I do believe I have a lot to offer other then sex. when I met my partner I told her in my relationships there's two captains on this boat and to this day she's been just that.
I gotta say that if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have so easily spotted the narc's that I dated. it felt like a new sense of power. I did kinda abuse that power at first getting the narc's that I met in and out of the sack and out the door before they had a chance to apply there skill's. seems like all the narc' I met had nice rear-ends a weakness of mine lol. I was amazed though of what I learned here how similar narc's are in how they operate. and back to topic, guy's if you are going to use these sites and your still weak from your current or x narc. just take a lighthearted approach to the dating sites and feed them with a long handled spoon. just try to have fun. lord knows if your narc was like mine and I'm sure they were. a little bit of care free fun might be in order. no offense to the men here of different belief's. thanks

Sammy
Many Narcs use dating sites as a constant source of supply, they love them

What a way to present yourself the Narc says...I can write anything I can down about myself, post my pictures, and have my pick of the litter of men / Narcissistic supply and keep going back for more if needed.

I met my ex narc on Zoosk, her key words came out like "Are you interesting enough to keep me interested in you?"

I would do my best to stay away from those sites buddy, there are many narcs on them.

I feel as if is the new's thing and they have to be socially accepted, so they do it.

and "OH MY GOD YOU DON"T DO ONLINE DATING" lol

If I was a man id avoid online dating sites..nothing but fat goldiggers with kids with multiple kids with different fathers...I had a pof acct once 2 replies in 3 years both attention *****s...never again...

web counter html code
myspace web counter