SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions and realizations.

Do they divert and interchange personalitys? - ive learned almost every interest or new thing she likes she learned off somone else, her musical interests were learned alot from me, the movies she watches, even some of her clothing, these things she disliked about me, then she suddenly uses these things she picked up from me, to show the new guy that shes interesting. Stealing personalitys, is this common?

Confusion in who they are - i noticed she would often rotate outfits in order to play who she was that day, Office outfit = arrogant/higher power. Punk rocker = no nonsense attitude. Dresses = polite mother. Dress up is a game? She once admitted to this herself with confusion. I remember once she regarded herself in third person as "she".

Rejection - it hurts most people, i rejected her the other night and she zoned out, as a matter of fact, she said she reminded herself of how she felt as a child, she would immerse herself in playing video games like when she was ignored as a child. Which is what she was doing as i told her i was leaving her life. Is it normal for them to divert to these old scars?

Motives - she says everything she does has a motive, her mind races constantly, shes ten steps ahead of the game. Does this have relevance to her everyday life? Does everything in her life have to have a benefit?

Power - She once told me she hates to feel beneath another person. Which tells me she enjoys power. Why could it never be equal?

Feelings - "feelings are weak" how can one store feelings away ? You know, i never once seen her hurt that she hurt me, to feel my pain and to apologize, but when she was hurt, it was like a crushed child, shameful, and cried only for her. Feelings play a big part, they were almost alienated. She could feel hurt for a homeless person, or a wounded child, but to me....no. For herself, yes. But it took alot to crack that egg, and when it did. She would zone out, become cold, and want to be alone.

Anger - another huge factor, she was just a angry person, of all emotions, this was most prominent in her. The rage attacks sometimes came out of left field, sometimes provoked not by me, but by everyday life. I got the brunt of it.

Entitlement - she thought of herself as pretty, funny, smart and witty, she thought guys would just love her and her personality, she felt she was different and special. Since she was these things, i should feel lucky to have her. So i had to work harder to keep her.

Sex - almost no love attachment, she said she disliked sex and can do without it. I realize now she just used sex as a tool to keep and trap new men.

Drinking - drank all the time, alot in the beginning, more so now, it got to the point i wanted to stop drinking period, because it disgusted me now,. It was almost a ritual of self destruction for her.

Lying - in order to keep the good face on, victim always, tugged on heart strings to feel pity, some skeletons came uncovered. But the good girl image outside didnt match up to the tyrant behind closed doors. She admitted jokingly to lying, and said only when she had to, i take that as lying in order to keep her image up as "she had to".

Trust - 4 years, couldnt gain trust, i still dont have it, to her trust would be giving in and allowing vulnerabilities. Which is what she feared like the plague. If she trusted me, and i did her wrong, she would feel like a fool and hurt immensely. I never gave her any iindication of mistrust.

Billion more i can think of. What do you guys think? All common pd traits? How long till the next guy sees this? Will he?

Re: Questions and realizations.

You just listed the definition of BPD.

web counter html code
myspace web counter