SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
kids with your ex-NPD : how to cope?

Hi,

Soon I'll be leaving this farce of a marriage.

Thing is, we have 2 kids together, and we need to find some way to raise them into normal people.

I've given it some thought; I would like to take the kids, and say byebye to Mrs NPD for good, but the kids will certainly disagree. Also, since she stays at home, she can take care of them a lot better than me (I'm employed fulltime).

The conclusion at this point is that I'm the one moving out, but still paying for the family needs. I got no problems with that, as long as I see the kids regularly, and things stay cool. No money for special frills, though.

Anyone having advice on practical arrangements, like who kept the kids in your situation, for how long, how did you handle meeting mrs NPD, that kind of things?

Re: kids with your ex-NPD : how to cope?

Hey bud

I left from a similar situation in Jan 2011, two small kids and we were together for ten years.
I only realized now she has NPD and I'm fighting an over inflated child support agreement currently.
I can't offer any advice other than life gets better without them, even if the kids always keep the "relationship" from flying off the face of the earth :-)
Stay true to yourself and your kids, there is a better life waiting for you.
Cheers bud
Theo
Johannesburg, South Africa

web counter html code
myspace web counter