SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
manly role models

Hey guys at work today i thought of starting a thread where we post videos/photos/descriptions of real people/anything, of our personal role models. be it from a movie, or music, or your best friend. what traits have you seen from others that u liked and adopted that made you feel manly.

id start by posting my own but i feel hesitant in doing so out of fear of being judged(narc abuse habit). id like to prove to my subconcious that little by little its ok to share with others my likes and dislikes.

Re: manly role models

Dibs on Steve McQueen. Sorry Chump!

The 12 Pilars of Manhood, its was a christian even with men pouring into the life's of other young boy's and men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfgK4xjFow

its a yearly event as well

Gabe
The 12 Pilars of Manhood, its was a christian even with men pouring into the life's of other young boy's and men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfgK4xjFow

its a yearly event as well
This may either fun or fruity, I can't tell from the post. I suppose it depends on what they're pouring.

Dang it birdboy! I will have to go with Humphrey Bogart. Or a newer model, Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider.

Richard Williams, father of Venus and Serena Williams. I watched a video documentary about the three of them. He actually planned to "make" tennis stars before he even had them! Now that's vision. Check out: http://tennis.si.com/2013/09/02/daily-bagel-richard-williams-sloane-stephens/ and this quote:

"Patrick Mouratoglou, who began working with Williams after her stunning first-round loss at the 2012 French Open, tells Inside Tennis that Richard Williams is the greatest coach of all time.

IT: Was it the greatest sports prediction ever when Richard Williams said that both of his daughters would become No. 1 players?

PM: I wouldn’t say that it’s the greatest prediction, I would say that he’s the greatest coach of all time. From what I know, no one else in the history of sports raised two different children to become No. 1."

Perhaps on Peyton and Eli Manning's parents can come close.

I have loved Bruce Lee since I was a kid. He is still my hero.

I also really admire Andrew Carnegie. If you get a chance, read his autobiography. It is amazing. He came to the US from Scotland with his immigrant parents. He talked about how the legends of men like William Wallace inspired him to want to do something great with his life.
Carnegie actually went to work when he was 12 years old. It was in a bobbin factory. He said the dyes and chemicals that were used made him sick everyday. He wrote of how he was proud to be able to work and contribute his money to his family. It's amazing how people have changed.

I have also had a fondness in my heart for Francisco Pizarro, the Spanish Conquistador. I know that it isn't politically correct to admire someone like that now, but I do. He grew up an illegitimate child on a small island. He ended up conquering Peru. His story is fantastic! I also recommend reading The History of Peru, by Prescott. It is an old book that details the life of Pizarro. Great exciting stuff. At one point, his starving crew was ready to mutiny and murder him. He drew a line in the sand and challenged his men to cross the line and join him and go on. They did.

Sorry to be long winded on this subject.

alright, i feel comfortable enough to post one of my role models. its from an anime, and this is how iv always imagined meeting my special someone and chasing after her when she suddently disappears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dM0tpzY8nFc

I'm lost! Who is pouring wha what?!!

web counter html code
myspace web counter