SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should I put up with the abuse just to be around my three year old daughter?

I have been in an abusive relationship for 4 years, every video I watch on this site is exactly what my situation was. The only problem is I have a three year old daughter with this woman whom I love to death and I don't want to leave her abandoned with this psychopath. I've tried everything in my power to sustain our relationship and make it happy for my daughter but no matter what I do im always put down, ridiculed, blamed, threatened even been hit and spat on a few times. My heart is torn apart and now I'm being controlled by her using my daughter as a weapon, I must do as she says or she says she will not let me see my daughter.
Anyone out there been through this, please, what do u suggest i do? Stay and be abused until my daughter has grown up or leave!

Re: Should I put up with the abuse just to be around my three year old daughter?

Greetings,

I am going through the same thing and I have a 2 year old son. We got into another nasty Fight Tuesday night and that was it. I left. This is day #3 with No Contact. I know and have known that the relationship was not healthy and that I needed to leave, but I knew nothing about this NPD stuff and always believed we could fix things. But no matter what I did, nothing changed. I would be in disbelief with her behavior towards me. So I finally left. I miss my son terribly but I have an action plan and know that what I am suffering now is only temporary. I will be in my own place in a few days and then I will go see my son and go forward from there. The bottom line is, you cant be the man you know you are supposed to be as long as you are with the NPD woman. And if you can't be the man you are supposed to be, then you can't be the father, either. HARD PILL TO SWALLOW BUT YOU KNOW ITS TRUE. YOU KNOW HOW HARD YOU HAVE TO TRY TO PUT YOUR CRAPPY FEELING ASIDE WHEN YOU ARE AROUND YOUR DAUGHTER AND THATS NO WAY TO BE. YOU KNOW HOW YOUR ENERGY IS SUCKED OUT OF YOU AND ITS ALL YOU CAN DO TO SMILE AND PLAY WITH YOUR DAUGHTER WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE ****. THATS NO WAY TO BE AND THATS THE WAY IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE IF YOU STAY WITH THE NPD WOMAN.

Re: Should I put up with the abuse just to be around my three year old daughter?

I know you are right, it's the worst place to be in, but we have to be strong. I fooled my self last week believing she could change and then when I was back she turned again. And it's been so hard leaving the second time. It's so true we can't be the dads we want to be when we are consistently being attacked. I wish you luk brother.

Drew
I know you are right, it's the worst place to be in, but we have to be strong. I fooled my self last week believing she could change and then when I was back she turned again. And it's been so hard leaving the second time. It's so true we can't be the dads we want to be when we are consistently being attacked. I wish you luk brother.

Thanks for that. I got to see my son today and started wavering. My NPD woman asked if there was anything she could do to fix the marriage. And as much as I want to believe that there is, I'm 99% sure it's too much work with too little chance of success. I don't want to make the mistake now that I'm so invested on this new path.

web counter html code
myspace web counter