SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving foward with life

I would very much appreciate any comments about the strategies from those who have left the PDI relationships we have endured, regardless of weather it was she or you whom left the relationship, on how you are now planning to use this life experience to your benefit and towards the benefit of others in your lives.

Re: Moving foward with life

Birdboy0
I would very much appreciate any comments about the strategies from those who have left the PDI relationships we have endured, regardless of weather it was she or you whom left the relationship, on how you are now planning to use this life experience to your benefit and towards the benefit of others in your lives.

Gabriel "Physical" Fitness, LLC next year I'll e starting my personal training company, training people to heath and wellness!! However moving on to a new relationship is very slim!!, the Nar I was with played me like Mozart, I already had my doubt's about myself and what all I had going at the time in my life, the TRICK just confirmed it.

I myself have enrolled in an accredited "life coach course" where I can offer my time in any way a therapist can other than bill insurance. I have found many men who are in transition and adjustment and reconcilement of what we expected to accomplish from our lives in our 40s 50s and 60s and what we actually got. I believe there are viable answers and avenues to this new dilemma. Sometimes it just takes talking it out to someone who has been there and formulating a personal "plan".

The world is changing at such a rapid pace and what many of us expected our lives to be after our supposed productive years has not panned out according to the expectations of the dreams we had in the times we formulated them. I would suppose to say the PDI experience was one of many of them.

I believe that after these younger productive years we can still be effective and potent in what we have to give and what we have yet to accomplish given that "we aint dead yet". I do in my heart of hearts believe that life experience can and should translate into wisdom and in this wisdom we have much to offer our fellows even though society has become so unfairly and irrationally youth oriented.

I believe there is much we have to offer once we get our acts together and find true resolution and determination to challenge this irony of life.

There are basic questions we now have such as:
How do we establish new and worthwhile relationships after divorce or death and the child bearing years.
How do we adjust to a world that the thoughts and hopes of retirement is becoming ever more dim if not impossible.
How do we find meaning and self fulfillment in our work and careers ect. ect.
How do we find true and lasting spirituality in an ever increasingly material world.
Where do we find resources to assist us in this quest.
Where can men go and talk to men about things that concern men.
And these questions are only the tip of the iceberg.

I do firmly believe in the positive potential of adversity. I believe we can take the difficult things that have happened and we have endured in our lives and "leverage" them for the betterment of ourselves and our futures and also for the common good.
Maybe I'm just trippin, but I'm going for it!

Birdboy0

BB I saw your post last night I read it but didn't reply at that point. I've tried planning being proactive seeking help from the VA as I've stated before. I'm medicated I'm sure I've mentioned that to. I suffer from PTSD from my camping trip in Vietnam. I'd been able to bury that for 44 years my experiences with a who knows what to call her have been overwhelming. No one knows I act like nothing bothers me (my PTSD is extreme). As far as planning goes right now I plan on staying alive. I am a survivor of so much more then the latest bout with the mentally challenged. I have to admit one thing no one I've ever met talked to in real life or anyone posting here (not a negative statement) could have survived what I've been through (not boasting either). I wouldn't wish my life on my worst enemy I am to compassionate I would say but no plans on changing. Its been 2 months since my divorce and the same time for NC.

My views of women and relationships with them has forever been changed. I know this may be off topic but you ask for comment so comment I will of course. I've mentioned dating sites a few times and have a few I view. I have found out what a large portion of our society is looking for a ride (no not the b itch on the back) Women have been pre-formed from a early age to find a man have kids mold him into their provider, sponsor, benefactor. Not saying all women have fallen into this trap but far to many have. Some men have fallen into the same trap they use women as if they are throw away things, F-um and forget um! I see our overall situation is much the same but we are NOT THEM!!!!(not our style) So it makes it very difficult to survive our experiences and continue on the path. One thing about me is I won't settle ever again for the abusive people in this world fact. There is a plan in my life but it involves my family so certain things I won't speak of in a forum such as this. Nothing against anyone here but some things aren't for public scrutiny.......... end of line

PEACE!!!!

Birdboy0
I myself have enrolled in an accredited "life coach course" where I can offer my time in any way a therapist can other than bill insurance. I have found many men who are in transition and adjustment and reconcilement of what we expected to accomplish from our lives in our 40s 50s and 60s and what we actually got. I believe there are viable answers and avenues to this new dilemma. Sometimes it just takes talking it out to someone who has been there and formulating a personal "plan".

The world is changing at such a rapid pace and what many of us expected our lives to be after our supposed productive years has not panned out according to the expectations of the dreams we had in the times we formulated them. I would suppose to say the PDI experience was one of many of them.

I believe that after these younger productive years we can still be effective and potent in what we have to give and what we have yet to accomplish given that "we aint dead yet". I do in my heart of hearts believe that life experience can and should translate into wisdom and in this wisdom we have much to offer our fellows even though society has become so unfairly and irrationally youth oriented.

I believe there is much we have to offer once we get our acts together and find true resolution and determination to challenge this irony of life.

There are basic questions we now have such as:
How do we establish new and worthwhile relationships after divorce or death and the child bearing years.
How do we adjust to a world that the thoughts and hopes of retirement is becoming ever more dim if not impossible.
How do we find meaning and self fulfillment in our work and careers ect. ect.
How do we find true and lasting spirituality in an ever increasingly material world.
Where do we find resources to assist us in this quest.
Where can men go and talk to men about things that concern men.
And these questions are only the tip of the iceberg.

I do firmly believe in the positive potential of adversity. I believe we can take the difficult things that have happened and we have endured in our lives and "leverage" them for the betterment of ourselves and our futures and also for the common good.
Maybe I'm just trippin, but I'm going for it!

Well said, birdboy!

Mark,
I as you seem to be looking for a... deeper meaning? I as you also understand that at the end of the day it is indeed about blood family. That is all that really matters, for at the end of the journey who other will be there for us to speak tenderly and wipe our brow. Who will be there to love us "unconditionally".

I suppose when I "really" look at the traces of my life... it would be there I'd want to leave my finger prints.

Birdboy0
Mark,
I as you seem to be looking for a... deeper meaning? I as you also understand that at the end of the day it is indeed about family. That is all that really matters, for at the end of the journey who other will be there for us to speak tenderly and wipe our brow. I suppose when I "really" look at the traces of my life... it would be there I'd want to leave my finger prints.

I have to admit when you said finger print I was thinking striation..... I know my friend I have a few issues but its my military training. But all joking aside its all about my kids and grandson.

There will be traces of our lives and hopefully they will be positives. I work daily on being the best I can be but I fail I know. But when the sun comes up the next day I try again. You might find this funny but my life is based in humor smiling is my therapy. I have a friend of mine he is in his early 40's. At my funeral when that day arrives we have a agreement it will be a military funeral. He will attend dressed all in black robs as the Grimm Reaper with the sickle/staff. His orders are to stand there not say a word for the ceremony and without a word walk off having never spoken..... end of line

PEACE!!!!

PS I want my ashes flushed but my kids won't do it lol.... I get it wish they did.

It will not necessarily be the words that we spoke, but the deeds we have done. To the end, redemption is possible at any point along the edge.

BB, maybe someday soon I will consult your services.

....I am usually reading your comments as they tag onto my posts and most of the time you are expressing displeasure with "one-liners" that "seem" to be an attempt to shake my confidence....thought I would check one of your posts to get a better idea of the mentality of BB. If I had something negative to say about your post, I would easily identify myself as a knowable name to you; thus allowing you the pleasure to respond as you normally do--negatively. However, as I find this post of yours to be both inspiring and encouraging at the same time, I thought Anonymous would be appropriate so you can still hurl insults at my posts without remorse. I can comment and say something positive and you have no idea who I am; therefore, I am not giving you the opportunity to think I am trying to be friends---which I am not. I am not of the mentality of making my enemies my friends....my enemies can just stay my enemies. I'm not here to make friends. You express yourself extremely succinctly with your well thought out post, here. With your positive outlook and determination, you cannot be anything except successful----something you certainly deserve. I am glad I finally took the time to read one of your posts that had some substance to it, rather than all those "one-liners" which actually reveal nothing about your intelligence-- like this post does. I can wish you well, and I do. You can continue your insults and I'm sure you will; and I will continue to ignore you as always. Only now that I have a little more insight into your personality, I will be wondering why such an intelligent person, such as yourself, seeks to make others feel inferior so he can feel superior--- when it is not really necessary at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anon,

To my idea, BB has gone through a lot, and I can understand his bitterness for the path life has given him.

I think his new goal deserves praise; it is not easy to turn something so negative into something positive.

BB, you're making the world a bit a better place. My hat is off to you.

There is a time to leave the static of the head for the ecstatic of the heart. The more we expand our hearts the less we need to shrink our heads.

BB,

Just wanted to chime in, especially for those going through hell that are new to this board. BB has put forth a great example of how to heal and move forward. I'm certain he'd be the first to acknowledge that even in the midst of the best plan there are dark days. We will all travel over our own individual peaks and valleys along the way. But suffice to say that the destination is well worth the trials of the journey. Eyes on the prize guys, stay focused. Good word BB.

This is an excellent post. We see the world the same way in many things

web counter html code
myspace web counter