SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Now the legal stuff

Hi all,

My ex narc filed a "Request to Enter Default" judgement. Which means that unless I come forward and contest it within 30 days she gets whatever she filed approved by the court.

However, we got to this point because she deceived me all along the way during the process. (Is anyone out there shocked?) First she claimed that the initial filing was rejected because it was missing some pages. Then a few months later she had me sign and back date a letter of acknowledgement by 30 days after I had written in today's date. That filing she said was also rejected due to the date being tampered with. Sorry to get so legally boring. So due to these goofs by her she told me that nothing was on calendar. Then a few months ago she said she had curbed the whole thing because we were supposed to go to counseling, which she sabotaged.

All of this is to say that as far as I was concerned there was nothing to "respond" to, so I didn't bother! Low and behold, guess what, all lies!

The backdating for 30 days was designed to robe me of my right to respond within 30 days of service. Then she tells me it's all been rejected right? Not so. It now seems that the 30 day clock expired months ago and the 6 month clock has also. Meaning that she could get her default divorce without me even so much as opening my mouth, sheeesh. Not good.

Now, it's not that I don't wish to be free of her mind you, I do of course. But I certainly don't wish to be taken to the cleaners either. So, I have a consult meeting with a family law attorney scheduled and will have her so-called impartial, bi-lateral, documents reviewed by a professional that can tell me the factual truth. Something you'll never get from a narc. From there I still have the legal right to have the default judgement set aside while I respond.

Just an FYI as some of you are following my progress. The moral of this story is,,,,, NEVER TRUST A NARC!

Re: Now the legal stuff

Gawd Dammed Been There,
Truly the deviousness of their black hearts has no "boundaries". Another good example of a kind and logical man being hood winked by the one who "loved" him. What madness. What a sad life they live.

The thing I do believe we tend to forget is that these people are SICK and rotten all the way to the core.

Sure enough, give an inch and they will take a mile. Bank on it!

They set you up for the slap down.

CHUMP
They set you up for the slap down.
Slapped we've been! Rubbin my cheek.

That we are my friend.....that we are.

BTDT,

A bit too late, but one of my personal rules is that in divorce cases, you can NEVER trust the other parties' word; it has been proven time and again that former best partners become the worst enemies in these kind of situations.

Your interest is to get rid of her easily, her interest is for you to provide for her.

She's cheated you to get her part, and you allowed it by trusting her word.

A hard lesson to learn, but a useful one. Hope you still can repair the damage done, and not let her get away with it.

What can I say my friend you been duped and its not your fault that's a given. The problem is that women still think they are the weaker sex (not really). Meaning they feel physically not mentally weaker which in 99% of women is true. They play the game the only game in town. When my 31 year marriage ended I got taken to the cleaners financially. But at this point that was minor compared to my recent fiasco. So you my friend are getting the double whammy my sympathy goes out to you. There must be a way to unveil her deception. Reminds me of the dance of the 7 veils. Put your cards on the table dates times conversations tell it like it is. Good luck.........end of line

PEACE!!!!

web counter html code
myspace web counter