SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Things Narcissists Say...

http://www.lightshouse.org/things-narcissists-say.html#axzz2lQGBzT6I

THINGS NARCISSISTS SAY TO ANYONE, INCLUDING THEIR CHILDREN:

You're oversensitive! You overreact!

You have a very vivid imagination!

Because I said so!

Who do you think you are?

I don't want to hear another word!

If you think x, you've got another thing coming!

If you don't like it, too bad!

Why can't you be more like (so-and-so)?

I can do whatever I want!

I never said that. (When they did.)

They're just jealous of me. (When they've been complained about legitimately.)

What do you want ME to do about it? (When it's clearly their responsibility.)

After all I've done for you!

Someday you'll be sorry.

Stop being such a crybaby!

Nobody ever does a **** thing around here!

I'll do (whatever) so fast it will make your head spin!

You're gonna wish the hell you'd never been born!

Get over it!

What is wrong with you??

You think you're so smart!

Can't you take a joke?

It's not MY fault; it's YOUR fault! (When they're clearly at fault.)

I don't care.

I told you so.

I do everything, and I never get the credit I deserve!

(When they do very little, and often begrudgingly.)

You lost your job this morning? Oh. I almost lost a job one time when...

You don't know what you're talking about.

My kids always get great marks in school. (Johnny gets mostly Cs, and Suzie flunked English and History again, because nobody ever helps them at home.)

What a bunch of idiots.

I deserve the best.

THINGS NARCISSISTS SAY,
ESPECIALLY TO THEIR CHILDREN:

You're just like your mother/father!!!

I hope someday you have a kid just like YOU!

You were an "accident".

Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!

Honor your parent!

Go do something constructive!

You're a spoiled brat!

This is MY HOUSE!

You'll get over it!

Children should be seen and not heard.

Stop nagging!

I love you, but I don't like you.

What is it NOW?!?

You POOR baby!

I gave you LIFE, so show some gratitude!

Sara Bernhardt!

Let me tell you something!

Grow up!

Click here for more about narcissists...

Note: Not all narcissists will say all these things, and some of these things are occasionally said by people without NPD. This list is not exhaustive; these are simply some common examples.

More Here: http://www.lightshouse.org/things-narcissists-say.html#ixzz2lQH5vgF2

Re: Things Narcissists Say...

1. You may be used to others lieing to you.

2. Anything about soul mates early

Notice how all those statements are about denying the other person his/her feelings?

Why do they do that?

Because it does not fit the narc's agenda, simply put. The solution for them is to bend your emotion to something that suits them.

Pretty low-life, isn't it?

.....excellent list! I find myself saying those exact same things at times. To be a narc means to play the role of the victim even though I am really the offender. I know that if I am angry or fearful---then I am in the narc role. The goal is to eradicate these negative emotions. Anger, fear, sadness, despair, hopelessness, and any other negative emotions are the indictors that let me know I am playing the victim--the role of the narc.

My soon to be ex-wife, says the darndest things sometimes. I'll set up the situation and state what she said verbatim.

1. In search for a potential wedding venue rooftop in Laguna Beach, CA overlooking the panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean: "Why would you take me here? Explain to me why you thought I would like this place? You don't know me at all! The mojitos suck here, they're not even any good." She then gives me the nastiest look and silent treatment for an hour. It boiled my blood.

2. We're at our favorite chinese restaurant and I ordered the incorrect Shrimp dish: "What was your thought process?? How could you be So STUPID?? Tell me what were you thinking??" I got so angry, boiled my blood yet again.

3. We're wine tasting and in a tasting room in Temecula, CA and we're talking hypothetically if she were pregnant: "When I'm pregnant, you're not going to be drinking any wine right? And when we go to a japanese restaurant you're not going to have any sushi right? Because if I can't enjoy it, then you can't enjoy it!" Mind you, I'm passionate about wine, I collect wine for heaven's sake.

4. I work night shift, 12 hour shifts three nights a week. She works from home doing her jewelry business: "How much time are you planning to give me before you go into work? You know quality time is important to me. I'm not talking about cooking and eating together either"

5. My mom calls and requests of me to bring her medicine bc I get discounts from work: "You mean you didn't tell me that your mom mentioned this to you an hour ago and you're only telling me now? You're working later and that will be cutting into my quality time with you. I feel like you're not prioritizing me. You can't just do what you want whenever you want to."

6. Going to work out or on a bike ride with my neighbor: "What time will you be back? Don't stay out too long."

7. My mom and sister doggysat her pomeranian for the weekend while we were in Vegas. She's already my wife at this time. She drove us back and it took us 6.5 hours due to Sunday traffic. We get home and she stays in the car. She doesn't come down to say thank you: "Can't you see I'm tired from driving 6.5 hours? I don't feel like going down and why did you have to keep me waiting in the car while you were chatting with your sister for 5 minutes?? Can't you see I just want to go home?" She snubbed my sister, by waving only, didn't say 'thank you'

8. Texting my friend while the car is idling so that I won't have to text while driving: "Ummm are you going to keep me waiting here while you text your friend? Can't you do that later? Is it even important?"

9. On our very first road trip together as a new bf/gf couple We're in central coast california for wine tasting. We're anticipating a tennis match that begins televised at 1am local time. We're intoxicated and failed to wake up at the 1am mark. we wake up at 145am. She's infuriated!: "How could you do this?? Didn't you set your alarm?? I'm so angry and not in the mood to watch the match anymore! How could you do this?? It's your fault!" Wow! First trip together and already bumpy.

10. Our second roadtrip together I take her up to Pebble Beach to watch a golf tournament and we need to leave at 4am. Outside and in the car it's freezing cold. It was covered with ice: "Can't you see how cold I am?? Why couldn't you go out and heat up the car for 10 minutes so it wouldn't be this cold?? Were you not thinking about me at all?" Wow! Second roadtrip and another bumpy road. She gave attitude for hours, silent treatment, put on a nasty face and shaking her head in those hours. Of course me being nice, I apologized over and again.

... yet I still married her. Oblivious to all of the red flags and disrespect. One way streets only know the Blame game. They're perfect specimens afterall...NOT!

web counter html code
myspace web counter