SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
During the love bombing phase...

What was the most intense thing that your narc/bpd did to show you that you were on the pedestal?

I recall, I rescued my wife a great deal when we dated. I didn't recognize it as recusing, I just thought that I was helping with putting things together, killing bugs, and so forth.

Well, one day, I had done some type of manly task for her and got a mild cut my hand. She asked to see my hand, and she took it, and held it like it was precious. Then she held my hand up and licked blood from my hand and looked at me with her blue eyes beaming. I was instantly hooked. I'd never seen anything like that before in my life.
She licked up my blood. I never dreamed that there was a woman out there that would do that.

Re: During the love bombing phase...

I can't tell if you are serious, but I've seen others here say they felt like their blood was sucked dry emotionally and financially, when their npd was throughn with them.

You might be unique in having that experience, if you are serious.

My wife would just say, get over it...

Paul
I can't tell if you are serious, but I've seen others here say they felt like their blood was sucked dry emotionally and financially, when their npd was throughn with them.

You might be unique in having that experience, if you are serious.

My wife would just say, get over it...

Paul, I'm very serious that this happened. Remember, this was during the love bombing phase. After the marriage, if I got hurt she would get kind of mad. It was weird.

Ultimately, I feel like she did suck me of my blood, heart, soul, and finances.

Not to change the subject but I remember when she was done with me, she begin to ask me questions about toxic behavior that she was doing to me, knowing that I didn't know, and one of the questions was do you know what Love bombing is (and then other behavior I had to learn about)? smh It's sad that these people know what there doing. I just wanted to share.

"Crazy people know they crazy, they just don't want you to know they crazy"
Gabe...

My ex would act like she was my mother to a certain extent. Being very protective and looking after me and doing everything for me. Also in between the strange episodes be very affectionate and loving. Telling me she loved me about 100 times a day and constantly hugging ad kissing me. As soon as she done something wrong and I dare mentionable word she'd either shout and hit me or blank me and walk away.
The loving parts like yours are so intense you feel wow I can't believe someone loves me this much. What I can't get my head around is, is the love real because when they are bad they are so selfish and mean but then have the hypocrisy to call you all those names.

Paul,
You ended you post by saying your wife would tell you " get over it". Only just recently my wife would say the exact thing to me. She would do something or say something to hurt me on purpose, or just be plain selfish and mean and when I would question it or wanted to discuss this behavior this would be the common answer "get over it". Like I don't have to explain anything to you or you don't deserve an answer. The commonalities everyone here has shared is first;
eye opening then scary because this is not as unique as I thought, and many people are going through this and there are many of these types of women out there.

Sam
Paul,
You ended you post by saying your wife would tell you " get over it". Only just recently my wife would say the exact thing to me. She would do something or say something to hurt me on purpose, or just be plain selfish and mean and when I would question it or wanted to discuss this behavior this would be the common answer "get over it". Like I don't have to explain anything to you or you don't deserve an answer. The commonalities everyone here has shared is first;
eye opening then scary because this is not as unique as I thought, and many people are going through this and there are many of these types of women out there.

Sam, (and others as well)

You need to get a clear understanding of what emotional abuse is, and how to handle it.
A good reference I found was the book "Emotional Blackmail" by Susan Forward. It taught me to understand the parts of an argument, and what is acceptable and what is not; but more importantly : how to react to it.
It will help you to see through the fog, and start seeing things for what they are : abuse to keep you in line.
It helped me tremendously, and my wife lost a lot of her power over me since I've read it.

NoLongerBeaten
Then she held my hand up and licked blood from my hand and looked at me with her blue eyes beaming. I was instantly hooked. I'd never seen anything like that before in my life.
She licked up my blood. I never dreamed that there was a woman out there that would do that.

Back on topic : a woman licking my blood instead of getting a bandaid is a huge red flag to me. To me it would mean "I've found my next victim".

During the pedestalling phase, my wife couldn't stop advertising to everyone what a perfect guy I was. At that time, I was thinking sceptically "Let's see how long this will continue".

Should've seen it coming, but I had no relationship experience, and was naive and innocent. Did not have the slightest idea about what I know now.

Learned an important lesson...

Jack the younger
NoLongerBeaten
Then she held my hand up and licked blood from my hand and looked at me with her blue eyes beaming. I was instantly hooked. I'd never seen anything like that before in my life.

Back on topic : a woman licking my blood instead of getting a bandaid is a huge red flag to me. To me it would mean "I've found my next victim".

During the pedestalling phase, my wife couldn't stop advertising to everyone what a perfect guy I was. At that time, I was thinking sceptically "Let's see how long this will continue".

Should've seen it coming, but I had no relationship experience, and was naive and innocent. Did not have the slightest idea about what I know now.

Learned an important lesson...

Jack, I saw somewhere that if we get solid with ourselves, we won't get too high from flattery, or too low when we get dumped on.
So, we need to base our life on values and have a good perception of who we are as individuals to prevent falling prey to this "love-bombing" garbage.

Thank you Jack I will pick up the book.

web counter html code
myspace web counter