SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identifying with evil characters.

First I'd like to mention that the other poster named Chris was not me. Not sure if it was a troll thing or a legit posting, either way, clears up confusion.

Back to my main topic. Did your narc ever identify or claim they love the evil antagonist in films? I know it sounds crazy, but ive connected some puzzle pieces into how my ex narc really thought herself in relation to these characters. My exs favorite character of all time was "scar" from the disney movie the lion king, now if you remember this character, he was highly intelligent, but a insecure coward on the inside, a skilled manipulator, loved himself, obsessed with power and control, and could betray his own family or allies without remorse to get what he felt he was entitled to. His character was basically a cartoon representation of a narcissist. My ex adored this character since she was a child and still does now a grown woman . While some may scoff at thinking "its just a kids film". Look into what im saying, its this character she felt attracted to and identified with, a huge clue into her personality as to how she thinks. She once told me she loved that character so much she wanted to be like him as a child. Uncanny note as well, I haven't talked to my ex in a long time, i stumbled across her facebook while looking through my message inbox and guess what her profile picture was ?

My ex also had also identified with alot of evil characters in other films but this one was really prominent. Have you guys had clues like this?

Re: Identifying with evil characters.

Mine would be the opposite. Scared of the evil characters and cry at sad films. A real girly girl most times but still showing all the other traits.

It comes down to which end of the scale they sit.

Witch or waif

The witch is upfront evel, knows it, loves it. Kills you upfront and looks you in the eyes as she's doing it

The waif is sugar n spice and all things nice as she slowly sucks the living soul out of you while pretending to smile - behind your back.

There is no good - its just how bad , bad gets.

I've had both my life. In truth the witch is slightly more tolerable as the deception isn't there, then it comes down to how much damage you can tolerate from a woman - JMHO

As bizzare as it may sound, my ex seemed to play roles. She told me once she feels like a vigilante, that her life is like a movie, and everyone else is just cartictures in the film that is her life. She even told me she has no "real self", just a mixture of all different personalities. Sometimes I think she was not only a narcissist, but severely disturbed as well. I think the most messed up thing she ever told me was that while her grandmother was on her deathbed, she told her grandma the truth about herself and her terrible past. Why would you reveal to someone whos dying that you are a fraud?!

web counter html code
myspace web counter