SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PsychopathFree on Facebook

This is a group on Facebook and this was a post that I wanted to share:

When normal people are caught in a lie, they feel ashamed, embarrassed, and uncomfortable. When psychopaths are caught in a lie, they will typically engage in one of the following tactics:

1. Gaslighting: Ignoring reality & arguing with solid evidence when confronted with it. Accusing you of being crazy, even when the truth is right in front of you.

2. Blame Shifting: It's not their fault for lying. It's your fault for being so petty and pointing out their lie. They might also bring up your past mistakes, to prove that their lie isn't actually so bad by comparison.

3. Pity Play: Their bad behavior always has sob-story roots. They learned to lie because of their abusive ex, or their abusive parent, or their abusive cat.

4. Excuses: Psychopaths have excuses for everything. You will find that they spend a lot more time excusing their behavior than ever actually improving it.

5. Punishment: When all else fails, you must be punished, so you learn not to point out their lies anymore. This can be done through yelling, cheating, and most commonly—the silent treatment.

Survivors also often notice that psychopaths seem to enjoy the thrill of lying. Sometimes it seems they've planted evidence that actually allows you to catch them. They lie even when the truth would suffice. Why? Because duping others is what they do. It is the only highlight of their otherwise insufferably boring lives.

Re: PsychopathFree on Facebook

One more good Post

Lets look at the love feeling we say we feel for the psychopath because I would maintain the feeling you feel is not love . To truly love someone you have to know them for a very long time , love develops with life events where you see a person in their entirety . With a psychopath you only see a manufactured act , and act that is designed just for you to drag you into relationship where he will eventually brake you down .. In truth I think with a psychopath we never actually move out of the infatuation stage and while the infatuation feeling feels like love it is in fact a chemical reaction that is released into the brain , theses chemicals are dopamine and oxytocin . The psychopath is skilled at keeping us in this suspended , chemical state , they play the "push pull game " where we are flooded with dopamine through occasional love bombing and then crash from the dopamine high by calculated abuse . After a while , with theses highs and lows we begin to lose contact on reality and fixate onto to the person who is pulling the strings to our (natural occurring ) bonding chemicals ... So is it love ? I would maintain it isn't , that's not to say your emotions are not validated but maybe think about re labelling what has actually gone on ..Peru xx

web counter html code
myspace web counter