SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does listening to music help or does it make it worse and keep you stuck in a bad place

I try not to listen to certain songs because it makes me think of her and makes me more depressed. I thought she was sentimental like me. She'd always text me when she was at work or something, telling me she loves me and misses me and to listen to this song and that song. We had lots of songs that (supposedly) meant something to us both. But her mostly because it'd be her singing them to me all the time. Far East movement "rocketeer" was one of the first. Then loick essien" that's how we roll." Shania twain " from this moment" , Monica "angel of mine". Big mountain "baby I love your way" she'd sing all those to me and more and act like she really loved me and I was her world. Now she wants to act like I'm nothing. Thinking about all this I know is going to make me hurt so I avoid listening to these songs and others like it. I wonder if any of you guys have been there? Or still are?

In my car I was listening to daniel merriweather "red" it describes what a lot of us have probably been through. " I can't do this by myself, all of these problems there all in your head and I can't be somebody else. You took something perfect and painted it red".

"You took the best things from me, now everything feels empty, that's not a world that I need"!
Other ones we could probably retaliate to is "impossiable" by James Arthur or shontelle. Both versions are good.

If some of you guys here don't know some of these songs look them up on YouTube, listen and you will probably be able to relate to them in some ways.

It describes how I feel I wonder if any guys here if they know the song if they can relate too? Is it good to listen to such songs and get the emotions out or is it best to avoid it because fora while it can make you more sad? In someways it helps but in someways it makes you worse.

Re: Does listening to music help or does it make it worse and keep you stuck in a bad place

It doesnt help when you are trying to heal. My ex and i had several songs together. Id rather not listen to them now. Old memories better left buried, i couldnt do it.

Listen to songs about healing and saying the hell with you.

Motorhead - go to hell

Moby - sailin on ( bad brains cover )

Suicidal tendencies - cant stop

As you can tell, im a rocker. Those songs among others helped me. Try them out, tell me what you think. They all deal with the emotions we feel during this phase.

Re: Does listening to music help or does it make it worse and keep you stuck in a bad place

I try not to hear songs that have a meaning on purpose. They always seem to come about when I least expect and catch me off guard. I listened to those songs you recommended, Chris. They help inspire for a little while.

This is the lyrics to that Motorhead song. This song is my mindset to my ex now after my mind cleared.

"Go To Hell"

Ya told me that ya wanted it
I knew it wasn't true
Turned out to be the facts babe
You know what you can do
You can go to hell, you can go to hell
Goodbye for you

Wrapped around your little finger
Under you thumb too
You know that I'm a singer
I'm singin' just for you
You can go to hell

I guess I betta get movin'
Lotta things I gotta do
I realize it was a waste of time
Talkin' sense to you
You can go to hell

Hope ya got my little message
I hope you hear me
I thought ya might've been the answer
Obviously crazy

The suicidal song is more of a acquired taste. Its heavy, but it a barrage of emotions that i felt all at once.

web counter html code
myspace web counter