SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for a Narc expert

Why are narcs always the life of the party? People are always so drawn to them and everyone always thinks they're so much fun to be around. Narcs have this magnetic force to people unaware they're a wolf in sheep's clothing. Everyone loves my ex-N and thinks she's so wonderful, fun exciting pretty etc. I just don't understand that mentality. If the image is truly false that they're portraying, that must take a lot of energy to keep up.

Re: Question for a Narc expert

It takes a lot of energy to maintain the façade. That is why they are incapable of carrying on an intimate relationship. Everything is about image, there is no content to them.
Think about, anyone can be the life of the party if they have nothing else going on in their life.
Anyone can charm you and draw you in.
Beware of those people who do that.

I can add a few things all Narc's are not the same. Most I've seen or been around are as they say a mirror. You look in you see yourself looking back. They are nothing more than a empty vessel an illusion. And they fill themselves with your essence. They are the devils children. But one thing I've seen about many of us is our empathetic personalities make us perfect targets. My experience has hardened me which actually is a shield from the darkness. You can also consider them as hollow people they fill themselves for a time with you. But they can never continue this its not who they truly are and it always comes out. I thought at one point they were to be pitied I don't believe that. They know they lie, cheat, steal but it just doesn't matter their minds are cross wired and really can't be repaired.

They can be very charming very sensual, sexual but its a hook. They have almost no friends and the ones they manage and I do mean manage are only low quality supply. The only way they feel alive is by draining you of life. One thing is they have a horrible time being alone hence the any port in the storm men they attract short term. They have to fill every moment because they know what they are. And by filling those moments they feel less empty but empty they are and will be for eternity ......... peace

Very good comments above. They do project a terribly likable persona in public. But like the persona they entrapped you with it's all false. They need to be seen as very special in public because they demand to be admired by all. All of this though is very superficial as nobody really gets close to an NPD, not even their spouse. If you are the spouse in public you may be introduced as the greatest husband on planet Earth. Then when you get home behind closed doors you find out all of the things you did wrong, and the list will be lengthy. It's all about wanting to be envied on public as having the perfect life, perfect husband, perfect family, etc,,, All purely fabricated, as they are indeed black holes, totally empty inside and devoid of any real identity of their own.

web counter html code
myspace web counter