SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best advice for dealing with a crazy......

“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.” ― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Wish someone had told me......

Re: Best advice for dealing with a crazy......

CHUMP
“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

Great quote from a great book!
I wish someone would have told me, also.

I have no idea what this means - to tell atlas to shrug?

Rob

Cut the rope....

NoLongerBeaten
CHUMP

That it is NLB....That it is. Another passage mirrors my current viewpoint.

“ A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Or as The Who succinctly put it...."Won't get fooled again."

CHUMP
NoLongerBeaten
CHUMP

That it is NLB....That it is. Another passage mirrors my current viewpoint.

“ A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Or as The Who succinctly put it...."Won't get fooled again."

I clearly remember that quote. Now, the key is to define "highest type and hardest to conquer."
When I met my wife she seemed very strong and independent. She thought very highly of herself. I knew I wanted her. I knew I was going to conquer her. I did conquer her, but somehow she grinded me down. Her maturity level plummeted a few years into the marriage.

So, I think "highest type" would be more of the moral quality of a woman than her own illusion of herself.

Rob

What it means to me, and in the context of the book, to shrug means to just walk away from it all.

Hey my friend we have come a long hard road only to find we knew all along. The drug we had been feeding on was bitter sweet. And now as we move back to the light are eyes are crying but at the same time somehow some way we have saved ourselves from the darkness within.... Chump your a good friend and our stories are much in the same vain be safe keep the shiny side up....

web counter html code
myspace web counter