SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This is Narc behavior right?

I befriended a female last month and over the weekend she told me that she was in a two year relationship where she got tried lying to her ex about somethings , and she cheated on her ex with her ex ex (The Guy Before Him) and eventually dumped her ex. The Thing is this she told me that she didn't feel bad about doing it, but she felt bad because she knew it was wrong but and she didn't care.

This is Narc behavior right? and if so should keep being friends with her and use her as a case study ?

Re: This is Narc behavior right?

I've been in a simular position at work with a female co-worker. It comes down to context. What do you want to happen here... ?

My co worker is strictly that- a coworker (very attractive and the whole office think we have a "thing" ) but she tries very hard to use me for emotional support, but it is undeniably one way. I'm drawn to support her by my human nature but my spidy senses are tingling and I am very conscious of sending the wrong emotional message. So im stand off emotionally, I'm not getting emotionally involved with her or her dramas and her frustration that I'm not is palpable. Her flirting is quite overt and she tries to ellicet an emotional responce every time there is a drama. My responses always start with the disclaimer that "this is what I think, but it's not for me to say" or "We're not emotionally involved so can only give you a non emotional friend responce".

In your case context is key what are you're hopes and aspersions where she is concerned? A stand off case study might be useful and I see my co- worker in such a way - its quite enlightening to be an observer.

But be careful, it's so easy to get the balance wrong and that would be unkind and make you an ass, besides a PDI can see/feel things - connections, emotions that are not really there. Stand off means stand really off. I'm alway awaire of not putting myself in a position that might be misinterpreted, my stand off is truly stand off.

But your friend? Does it quack? Does it have feathers, webbed feet and is called Daffy?

Then it's a duck buddy! Be careful you're spidy senses are tingling - take note.

Re: This is Narc behavior right?

Thanks,

She for the most part seem okay, that was the only thing that threw me off, I was a little disappointed, We have something in common, that I didn't share with her meaning that I feels as if she legit.

But nevertheless I'm going to keep studying her, its good know that you on to someones game if there playing one.

web counter html code
myspace web counter