SUPPORT FOR HETEROSEXUAL MEN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED AT THE HANDS OF WOMEN ! ( EMOTIONALLY, PHYSCIALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR OTHERWISE ) AND THE DISCUSSION OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS AS IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET HELP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Women who are violent

I havent had the best luck with women- I tend to find myself in relationships with women who treat me like crap and put me down. Thats why i prefer being and remaining single.

I once dated a woman who was physically violent- she threw things at me, and would punch me- she was much smaller than me- she was 5'4, I'm 6'3, so she never hurt me physically- all i could do is take it-but it gutted me emotionally.
im not stupid, had I ever raised a hand to her Id be arrested, so i let myself be her punching bag.

Im wondering- if you are- or were involved with a physically abusive woman, how did you deal with her violence?

Re: Women who are violent

Hello Charles,

I have been physically abused by my wife.

Not really severe, though: just some pushing around, some slapping with hands or a soft slipper (while she was going berserk)

But a few times were a bit more threatening : she put a big kitchen knife on the table when she suspected that I would object, and challenged me to object her point of view. All in front of the kids. Classic bullying.

That is already some time ago, and things have changed for the better in our relationship since then.

I know now that women are always searching for limits, and that it is up to the man to define clearly what is allowed and what not. If she does something now that I do not agree with, I will simply tell her that her action is unacceptable. In the moment, she might disagree, but the idea will stick, and usually subsequent conflicts prove that she has accepted the new limit.

Then again, I think my wife is not as crazy as what some of you guys have to deal with, so you might want to consider other options as well.

Jack

web counter html code
myspace web counter