Return to Website

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Existence of No 112 Squadron at RAF Jever

In the March 1952 copy of the 93 Squadron F540 Monthly Operations Report on the 5th day there is the following statement:

"We now form part of a 3 Squadron Wing at Jever, in company of No 4 Squadron late of Wunstorf and a 112 Squadron from Fassberg."

Naively I have added a 6th Squadron, namely No 112, in spite of protestations from Jeff Jeffrey our noble Secretary.

Since doing that I have found no names from 112 nor anyone coming forward who claims to have been at Jever on 112.

I am beginning to believe Jeff is right, (what's new!?). When I go again to Kew I will look up the 112 Sqn F540s and see if there is any reference to them being at Jever.

In the meantime can anyone throw light on this query? I am beginning to believe that the F540 Officer mistyped 112 for 118, who we all know was at Jever!

Help! Mick

Re: Existence of No 112 Squadron at RAF Jever

Dear All,

I am talking to myself!

I have now visited PRO at Kew again and this time I found the No 112 Sqn F540s for their time at RAF Jever. I have put up the F540 for March 1952 when they moved to Jever.

They arrived there from Fassberg on 9th March 1952 and left for Bruggan on 6th July 1953 - a total of 16 months.

At least I do not have to put all the 112 Sqn structures back on the web site. I now need to find someone who has a full history of No 112 Squadron.

Regards,

Mick