Return to Website

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Geoff Couch

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your entry and I will alert all your father's friends.

I am probably too late but I have just returned from a 5 day visit back to Jever with 57 members of the Jever Syteam Laundry 122 Wg Association. I know several of our members were going to the display today - notably Al Pollock. If you get this in time ask for him - the organisers will know of him. Tell him I told you to contact him. He only left my place at about 2100 hrs last night.

Hope to get a telephone number for you when you get back and then we can talk. My number is 01732-743745.

Regards,

Mick

Hi! Christine,
I knew your father as we were on the same courses at RAF Ternhill,RAF Valley and RAF Pembrey for flying training, jet conversion and operational training before being posted to squadron service. We lost touch from then on, although we did run into one another in Ludgate Circus in London after we had returned to the 'real world' (probably '57 or 58').
I am a recent discoverer of the RAF Jever site and have visited Mick Ryan, (I only live about 20 mins away from him), and passed over some photographs that will be appearing on the site probably within the next couple of weeks - he has a backlog of data. Keep a look out as Geoff is present in a couple of them.
I'm pleased that you are keeping the history alive!

Very best regards, John Macknish.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear all,

My dear father, Geoff Couch, died on 1st August 2006. His love in life was always flying, however he worked in the City for 40 years. Going thru' his papers I have discovered so much about my father particularly his love of flying. He tinkered about on his computer and every password he had has been related to one or other of the planes that he flew in the 50's. I have been so fortunate to find this website and find photographs of my Dad;

If anyone remembers Dad and has any more information about his time in the RAF I would love to hear from you. He was in 93 Squadron in the early 50's. Any photos that you may have I would dearly love to see. I live fairly close to Dunsfold in Surrey and will be visiting the air show on Sunday 27 August 06- not a show I would normally plan to visit, but I so want to see the planes my Dad piloted.

Please contact me if you can tell me anything about his time in the RAF.

Many thanks and I hope to hear from you

Christine Fuller

Hi! again Christine,

I should have written that Geoff and I were both posted to 93 Squadron - we lost touch after I was posted to RAF Sylt in '55. Geoff, Tommy Balfour and myself were posted together at the same time to the squadron in '53.

Take care, John